Menu

Shoes!!! I need help.

A friend of mine loves Birkenstock. They are more expensive, but she says that last a long time and are very comfortable. She used to have heel problems and did not like closed shoes. Ever since she bought her Birkenstock sandals she hasn't complained about her feet. She said they were a little awkward until the sandals conformed to her feet, but it didn't take long. They are the only shoes she ever wears.

No shoes in the house here. We keep them by the door on a rack and rotate seasonally with what is in our closets. Can you not deviate the FlyLady thing a bit with the shoes? That part drove me nuts. I think I stopped looking because I was so adamant about no shoes in the house. So no FlyLady for me.

:iagree: I would get NOTHING done all day if I had to wear shoes in the house. I think there is a small disconnect button in my foot, and when shoes are worn in the house, my mind becomes disconnected from the rest of my body, and therefore unable to function, certainly unable to fulfill the Flylady rigor!

No shoes in the house here. We keep them by the door on a rack and rotate seasonally with what is in our closets. Can you not deviate the FlyLady thing a bit with the shoes? That part drove me nuts. I think I stopped looking because I was so adamant about no shoes in the house. So no FlyLady for me.

Yeah. Like I said, I'm waaay overthinking it. I jmay ust need to skip this step and keep my flip flops by the door. I do think I need to look into "healthier" flip flops, though. This toe cramp thing is driving me nuts!

Yeah. Like I said, I'm waaay overthinking it. I jmay ust need to skip this step and keep my flip flops by the door. I do think I need to look into "healthier" flip flops, though. This toe cramp thing is driving me nuts!

Ecco sandals, while expensive, are THE BEST SHOES I have EVER worn. I have bad feet, most of the women in my family have foot problems, but my husband can't keep up with me when I wear my Ecco sandals. They rock my feet!

Black suede Moccasins here on most days. I had to find a happy medium since I'm not wearing shoes 24/7. They are comfy and almost look like shoes. Just find something that keeps your feet happy and consider it done. The tennis shoe flylady requirement threw me more than once. Then I realized there would be no pop quizzes for shoe attire.

I wear clogs. Usually I leave them under my desk, and they are handy to put on when I go outside or answer the door.

The only time I wear shoes in the house is when I'm going through a Flylady phase -- and then I wear lace-up sneakers so I don't take them off by mistake.

until I tried the FlyLady thing. I tried really hard to lace up my shoes every morning.

Guess what? My foot pain stopped and my cracked heels healed!

I couldn't keep up with FlyLady, but I'm glad I listened to her for my feet's sake!

For athletic shoes I like the Reebok. It supports my arch in just the right place. I've read that New Balance is terrific for foot pain, too.

For my everyday I LOVE my Birkenstocks. They're more expensive than the shoes I usually wore, but we have a dealer here with a close-out table. :001_smile:

Once I put on my first pair of Birkenstocks, I was in love. (I think I slept in them the first night!) My feet felt better than they had in years. Like I was a kid again!

No more barefoot or flip flops for me. My feet deserve better!

I used to be the Barefoot Queen ..... until my hips and knees started complaining. We are a "No Shoes in the House" family, so I have a pair of House Shoes - kinda like slippers, but they're shoes! They never leave the hosue unless I'm going to visit someone else who wears No Shoes in the House.

If you don't need to wear shoes for physical reasons, and if the reasons Flylady lists for wearing shoes don't affect you, then ~ don't wear them!!You are hereby absolved of the shoe requirement!!

:D

Anne

I used to be the Barefoot Queen ..... until my hips and knees started complaining. We are a "No Shoes in the House" family, so I have a pair of House Shoes - kinda like slippers, but they're shoes! They never leave the hosue unless I'm going to visit someone else who wears No Shoes in the House.

If you don't need to wear shoes for physical reasons, and if the reasons Flylady lists for wearing shoes don't affect you, then ~ don't wear them!!You are hereby absolved of the shoe requirement!!

:D

Anne

I feel so liberated! Hopefully the "physical" reason has been remedied. (Dirty feet due to dirty floor :tongue_smilie:) Thanks for the permission!!!! :D

Flip flops will definitely mess you up. Just read an article about that somewhere. I wear running shoes almost exclusively. this summer dd1 made me get a pair of nice flip flops to wear with shorts/capris/skits. I wear them some, but my back starts hurting if it is daily. Tennis shoes or barefooted is best.