Menu

Proclick - great price at my local Office Depot!

kwhdman

I don't know if this is standard in all Office Depot stores, but I just purchased a Proclick 50 at Office Depot for $52.99. It wasn't a sale - just normal shelf pricing.

I was shopping around alot today for one and ended up ordering online from Office Depot (for $72.99) since their bindings and cover reports were cheaper than Amazon, mybinding, etc. I just happened to go to the store today to shop for something else and I noticed the price difference. :001_smile:

Edited by kwhdman

You are correct! Got mine today!

I got the wrong binders though... Still confused on them.

Read where 3:1 coil binding can be used, found some at mybinding.com but....found much much much cheaper at Bestbuybinding.com

But can't find any reviews on Bestbuybinding.com. I mean they are lots cheaper there but scared to order from them.

Glad to hear the price was at your store too!

I didn't want to experiment right now with other options, so I purchased the Proclick spines. They were also priced cheaper in the store ($11.49 for 1/2" spine) than online ($13.49). I put together several books tonight and the spines work great. Very easy to use and it looks like it will hold up well.

You are correct! Got mine today!

I got the wrong binders though... Still confused on them.

Read where 3:1 coil binding can be used, found some at mybinding.com but....found much much much cheaper at Bestbuybinding.com

But can't find any reviews on Bestbuybinding.com. I mean they are lots cheaper there but scared to order from them.

I've never heard of bestbuybinding, so I can't review them. However, I've had good experience from my binding.

There are essentially two types of coils you can use, the real pro-click ones and the 3:1 coils. The pro-click coils come in 3 sizes, are more expensive, but can open and close to add/remove papers.

The 3:1 coils come in a wider variety of sizes, are cheaper compared to pro-click spines, but can NOT open and close. They are fairly simple to take out and add papers, but you don't want to do that on a regular basis as it can be a pain.

GBC also makes other binding machines and spines, so make sure you buy pro-click spines.

I don't know if this is standard in all Office Depot stores, but I just purchased a Proclick 50 at Office Depot for $52.99. It wasn't a sale - just normal shelf pricing.

I was shopping around alot today for one and ended up ordering online from Office Depot (for $72.99) since their bindings and cover reports were cheaper than Amazon, mybinding, etc. I just happened to go to the store today to shop for something else and I noticed the price difference. :001_smile:

I got mine for the same price at my local Office Depot! I literally danced for joy at the checkout! When we got home I made the first copywork workbook for my ds to help him with his number words.....My kids all want to make their own books now! This is the coolest thing!

Why is the ProClick better? And, what do you use the binding machines for? I can only think that I might use one to let my kids make books. In that case, would the ProClick be overkill?

Also, are the binders hard to find? I have a GBC laminator that I love, and I don't have trouble finding laminating sheets for it--I can get them at Walmart.

remember to google for a 10/50.

Thanks for the tips. I've been thinking about getting one. I found a $10 off $50 coupon and a $15 off $75. Both are good this weekend so I added this to my errand list for today. :party:

Thanks for this thread. I am now the proud owner of a ProclickP50! My Office Depot was selling it too for the 52.99 price, and I was able to use the $10 off coupon that expires today. What a deal! Can't wait to start using it. :001_smile:

Thanks for this thread. I am now the proud owner of a ProclickP50! My Office Depot was selling it too for the 52.99 price, and I was able to use the $10 off coupon that expires today. What a deal! Can't wait to start using it. :001_smile:

Me too!

I just came to thank the original poster for pointing this out. We do not have an Office Depot so I would have never come across this deal. I have had the proclick in my cart at amazon for months but didn't want to spend $70.

Because of your post, I searched for an office depot and found one a block away from my father's house. I then found a $10 coupon (thanks to another poster because I wouldn't have known these coupons existed). I emailed my dad the coupon and he went to Office Depot and picked it up for me. What a great amazing deal!!!

I'm so excited to start binding away!

Thank you for the coupon. I didn't get to go over the weekend so I was hoping for a new one.

Do you know if you can use the colored spines that they sell on Amazon with the Pro-click. Someone posted about them but I don't know if they were for this machine.

Thank you SO SO much! I have wanted this forever and sold some books, so I have just enough to get this now. It will really help with getting the kids' work together for next "year".

:hurray: Yay! I got mine over the weekend and have already put 3 books together.

I'm loving it and hope you will too!

Thanks for this thread! I also found this at my local store and was able to use a $10 coupon.

I couldn't find the blue spines on sale at mybinding dot com. Does anyone know if that sale is over?

Yes, that sale is over but 2 weeks ago I called the company and asked the manager with a pretty please and they honored the sale price for me.

• 3 weeks later...
I used this one. It's $10 off $25 and it's valid until the 23rd. Proclick still has these navy spines on sale for $5.09 (pack of 25). I would have preferred black, but at that price I couldn't pass it up!

OH, thank you so much! I am guessing that those spines are cheaper then anything at OD? I will be getting both, thank you again!:001_smile:

OH, thank you so much! I am guessing that those spines are cheaper then anything at OD? I will be getting both, thank you again!:001_smile:

Yes, the navy spines were way cheaper than anything at OD (even with the coupon). I'm guessing you could get a giant box of non reusable spines for slightly cheaper but I don't need 100s of them and I like being able to easily take them off and reuse them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my ProClick a few weeks ago. I found it on Shoplet.com for $66.53 and the .5" ProClick spines for $12.68. I also ordered the opaque covers for $22.24. I Googled for coupon codes and got a 10% off code. I also got free shipping because my order was over $45.00 (that is standard with them). However, the deal at Office Depot is definitely better!

The ProClick is better than the others because, as said above, you can easily add pages. It comes with a "zipper" tool to open the spine. For all the legal copying of curriculum I do, these are great to make workbooks. Unlike 3-ring notebooks, the holes don't rip as easily, the spine is much less intrusive than the rings in a 3-ring binder, and you can actually fold it all the way back to keep the other pages out of the way. I also anticipate using these to pull together papers from unit studies and presentations.

Maybe you and a friend or two could go in together to purchase for limited use. It's such a great tool.

You can find the binders online everywhere. I would imagine that if Office Depot sells the ProClick, then they would have the supplies for it.

Why is the ProClick better? And, what do you use the binding machines for? I can only think that I might use one to let my kids make books. In that case, would the ProClick be overkill?

Also, are the binders hard to find? I have a GBC laminator that I love, and I don't have trouble finding laminating sheets for it--I can get them at Walmart.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this! I wanted to bump this so everyone knows that it's still worth checking your local Office Depot for a good deal on a ProClick P50. I just bought one today for $54.99. I added a box of 25 5/16" spines ($7.99) and 25 1/2" spines ($11.99) and one $0.05 pack of erasers to bump my total to $75.02 :). Then I used the $15 off $75 coupon. Great deal!

Also, the 5/8" navy ProClick spines are on sale for $5.09 at MyBinding.com! I ordered six boxes and used the coupon code 5OFF to get $5 off, which almost gives you free economy shipping.