Menu

What are YOU reading right now?

I just finished the second book in the Melanie Middleton mystery series by Karen White (The House on Tradd Street is first, The Girl on Legare Street is second). I'm currently waiting for the third--The Strangers on Montagu Street--to come from the library. Total fluff, but I'm hooked :D I'm also in the middle of The Entitlement Trap, a parenting book. Oh, and Moby Dick, which I'm actually REALLY enjoying!

Guest inoubliable

Watership Down, the sixth book in the Wheel of Time series (Lord of Chaos), World Without Ice, and Make Room! Make Room!

I can never just sit and read through one book at a time. There's always a good sized stack right next to my side of the bed and a Nook and Kindle with dead batteries laying around. DH is convinced it's a mental disorder. :glare:

Stuart Little and A Dog Called kitty. I finished all three Hunger Games books in a week and then had to get through recital.

This week I will pick back up with Total Truth, I plan to start Pilgrim's Progress. I am looking for a fun book for me....but nothing has caught my interest yet.

I read The Custom of the Army, Diana Gabaldon's new novella, yesterday. It was just ok. :/

Now I'm reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. I'm only a few chapters in, but I don't know if I'm going to like it.

I picked up The Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin at Goodwill last week. I'm itching to read it, but I wanted to read the other one first since I checked it out from the library.

Finishing Quiet, finishing reading The Great Brain to the kids, listening to Goblet of Fire in the car with the kids, and about halfway through Insurgent, which is okay so far, but I'm not sure if I like it as much as Divergent.

I just finished Matched by Ally Condie. For all you Hunger Games fans, check it out. I really liked it! Out loud we're reading The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan. It's his new one in the Kane Chronicles (Egypt). Ds9 is finishing up the first book in the Uglies series. Ds9 is reading the third How to Train Your Dragon book aloud to me. :)

I'm going to start a new Carl Hiaasen mystery tonight if the library doesn't have the next Ally Condie book waiting for me. I requested it 2 whole days ago. Geez!

I just finished the second book in the Melanie Middleton mystery series by Karen White (The House on Tradd Street is first, The Girl on Legare Street is second). I'm currently waiting for the third--The Strangers on Montagu Street--to come from the library. Total fluff, but I'm hooked :D I'm also in the middle of The Entitlement Trap, a parenting book. Oh, and Moby Dick, which I'm actually REALLY enjoying!

I fullly expected to hate Moby Dick, but when I read it last year I absolutely loved it!

With DS: The Long Winter. Wow, that was a *really* long winter, for real. The thing feels like it is taking forever.

With DD: Kenny and the Dragon.

For family time: Ragweed and Unbuilding.

For myself, I'm reading The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman and Searching for Yellowstone by Paul Schullery.

Oh, and also Attack of the Smart Pies, which DS assigned me to read. :lol:

I am switching back and forth between Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong; Charlotte Mason Education by Catherine Levinson; and today started Heroine of the Titanic: The real unsinkable Molly Brown by Elaine Landau. We are nearly done with Call of the Wild audio book as well.

I love read aloud time. We are working through the Gregor series (Suzanne Collins), Basher: Human Body, and Alice in Quantumland.

Alice in Quantumland brings back some memories! I read that book in college. :)

I'm reading Gulliver's Travels and Feminine Threads: Women in the Tapestry of Christian History.

Just finished The Man Who Was Thursday, by GK Chesterton this afternoon.

The Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Lee Stewart.

Liturgical Theology, by Simon Chan (though I'm not sure I can still count this! It's great, but I've kinda stalled out . . .)

The Water's Lovely, by Ruth Rendell

Next up is Slaughterhouse Five (Kurt Vonnegut), though I probably won't actually start it until tomorrow.

That's what I'm starting tonight. What I should be reading is Montaigne's Essays, but I'm hugely pregnant and tired and cranky and I don't feel like it. :tongue_smilie:

I am reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (enjoying this one though I find the plethora of Swedish surnames confusing at times) and The Hobbit (to discuss with one dc; trudging through this one).

And the current read-aloud is The Children of the New Forest.

I fullly expected to hate Moby Dick, but when I read it last year I absolutely loved it!

I did too, and was so surprised at how easily I got caught up in it. I was expecting a slog on the level of Don Quixote (uuuuuugggghhhhhh--four attempts and I'm still not even close), but it has been a pleasure to read. I'll admit I struggle with classics (even Austen :blush:), but this one has been easy--not at all what I expected based on the discussion here!