Menu

Question about updating Ipad operating system

I have an Ipad 2 bought last year. I'm trying to install an app that requires me to update my OS to the newest version, but when I try I get a warning message, something about losing all my apps and everything I have on my Ipad. Does anyone know how I can update without losing stuff (sorry, I don't speak computer well:001_smile:)

thanks!

Lisa

One the pad itself, or when hooked up to your computer?

It shouldn't delete anything when updating software unless it's set to restore or something. I just updated mine right from my pad and got no warning or anything - didn't lose a thing on either pad (a 2 and a 3).

I tried to update by connecting it to the computer. How do you do it from your iPad ?

Tx!

Lisa

One the pad itself, or when hooked up to your computer?

It shouldn't delete anything when updating software unless it's set to restore or something. I just updated mine right from my pad and got no warning or anything - didn't lose a thing on either pad (a 2 and a 3).

Be sure you back it up first, then after it crashes, you'll be able to restore from your back up.

If you peruse the Apple forums, you'll see that a lot of people have had a problem with the latest update. Apple has said it is a hardware issue and replaced many (including my two month old "new iPad") but the computer geeks online say it is a software issue and there are jailbreaks to solve it. I didn't try them because mine was still under warranty but if yours is not, you might have to.

Which is why you need to back everything up first.