Menu

HEATHER IN VA-Your PM box is full so I'm posting here about your Winston/Shurley!

Also, OhE, chime in too since you started it! Or feel free to PM me since this is more for my younger dc and not the logic stage dc!

HEATHER-I was reading on a thread about the Winston/Shurley combo OhE told you about-can you plz explain how you're using them in tandem? I like the idea of the cards--ds rising 4th grader just needs more help or hands on or something with grammar than the traditional programs. I did a tiny bit of Shurley 3 w/ him this yr and he liked that better than anything, but I think adding the hands-on of Winston to it could be perfect.

(BTW-I personally DETEST teaching Shurley-it's not very straightforward to teach, but maybe adding the Winston could help? I will say I like how it talks about the different jobs nouns can do and so on. When I taught it to older dd way back when-for half a year or so before it drove her crazy-I did think it explained things well but hated teaching it and also hated how all the sentences are structured the same.)

Anyway, all that to say I'd love to hear how you're doing the Win/Shurley combo! Thanks!