Menu

What are your favorite Wii games?

So I'm thinking ahead to Christmas. We are considering getting a Wii for Christmas, along with 3 or 4 games. What games are your favorites? What about your kids' favorites? The kids will be 8, 6 and 2 at Christmas time (of course the 2yo won't be playing much :lol: ...he'll get his own seperate gift, which is another post entirely as I have no idea what to think about for him!)

Thanks... :D

Mine really like the Endless Ocean game. It's completely non-competitive and is very relaxing actually. Strange as it may seem, that is their favorite one so far. I'm sure we would all love Wii Fit but we don't have it yet. Lego Star Wars was a HUGE hit but they played it so much and then frequently left it out lying around :cursing::banghead: that it got so scratched up that it was beyond repair (yes... just since Christmas... Again I say :cursing:)

I can't play any of them, 'cause I get motion sick, but the rest of the family likes Mario Cart, Super Paper Mario, and Opoona, but we don't have a lot of games. Boom Blocks in the next one we'll be purchasing. Endless Ocean was a flop here; I think we've seen Blue Planet too many times for it to make an impact.

I was coming here to ask about this just now! I was wondering where everyone bought their Wii. I noticed that the sellers on Amazon are charging in the mid-300's. Is that the going price or is it better to try to find it for less?

Sorry for adding to your thread:)

It's good you're thinking ahead. Keep your eyes out for a unit and snag it when you see one -- I imagine they'll be tougher to find around Christmas.

My guys are older than yours, so I don't have any recommendations for games. Mom and Dad (and kids) really enjoy the Wii Sports that came with the unit, though. And I wouldn't discount your 2yo from the action -- I'd bet he does better than you're thinking.

You'll definitely want to get at least one extra remote and a charging station for the remotes.

My favorites are the Wii Sports (which comes with it) and Wii Play which is a great way to buy an extra remote since it comes with one. We also just got Wii Fit which we have all been enjoying a lot.

My 10ds likes Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda, and Guitar Hero III.

We got our Wii at Target when not expecting it at all. We were there for other things and they just had 6 of them laying out at the counter. So as another poster suggested if you see one grab it because we haven't seen one since. As for favorite games. We love the Wii sports it comes with and really enjoy our Wii fit. We have Wii play which is ok, but we don't play it as much. DH and I also really enjoy Smartypants which is a trivia game. We just got Lego Indiana Jones and that's been a hit with ds and dh.

My 9 yo loves Wii Sports, dh and I love it too as well as Wii Play, and we downloaded some old Nintendo games for 500-600 pts. I think that works out to $5-$6 each for Sonic games, all three Super Mario games, Mario Kart, Need for Speed. We bought a fishing game that we played a few times but was a flop here. Oh, and someone suggested Carnival Games and the kids LOVE that too. I think there's at least 30 different games within the Carnival games.

Smooth Moves and Mario Party 8 are fun for the little ones since that have mini games to play - my 3 yo likes these. Lego Star Wars is good because two people can play together co-operatively, instead of just against each other.

but we really like MarioKart, Guitar Hero, Smash Bros. Brawl, WiiSports, Zelda, MySims

We bought ours at K-mart in a small town when everyone else was sold out........no one seems to remember its here..we bought it Thanksgiving morning

My dd (11) really likes Dance, Dance Revolution, Wild Earth: African Safari, Endless Ocean, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl.

My ds (14) really likes Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Lego Star Wars 3, Mario Kart.

I like Wii Fit, Mario Kart, the old Mario games you can download, My Word Coach.

My dc like the Wii Fit, but they say it is not a favorite. The ones listed are their favorites.

We like Wii Fit. My little ones love Indiana Jones Lego. They like Super Mario Galaxy, but sometimes, these games can be endless, and we just need some peace. At least with bowling, it ends at one point. They occasionally do Cooking Mama, but it isn't one that they grab for all that much.

Guitar Hero is by far our favorite. Luke is saving his money for Guitar Hero - Aerosmith.

Also, Luke loves the Lego Star Wars game, and everyone enjoys the stupid and mindless Rayman's Raving Rabbids. Stupid and mindless I say again.

I'm off to read so I can feel a little better about myself now.

Any of the Marios really. The Wii sports is a favorite here too. Guitar Hero 3 is probably our most played game though.

I am going to get MArio Kart with an extra wheel and Rock Band for Christmas for sure. I want Wii Fit as well as soon as I find it!

I am going to list the top three, because we really have enjoyed them all in one aspect or another, and since we got ours somewhat hand me down from my brother last Xmas, and he already had games for it, and we have bought more, I've played quite a few. I second the suggestion to buy at least one more remote and nunchuck, but would go far enough to say that if there are at least 3 in your family that can play, and at least a few people you can think of that will want to come over and play, I would get enough remotes and nunchucks to equal 4 all together. Our absolute favorites for multiplayer games have been Mario Party,, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Super Smash Bros.. My son loves Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario, my hubby seconds the Paper Mario and also enjoys downloading old school games, most of which you can play with the Wiimote or a Gamecube remote if you have one. I have really enjoyed Twilight Princess, Marble Madness, Super Mario Galaxy, and Link's Crossbow training.