Menu

What is your favorite self-tanner?

I've used Jergen's Foaming tanner for a couple yrs and I love it-not orangey, hardly ever streaks, dries fast, doesn't get patchy as it's fading, etc.

BUT it is not as dark as I'd like, even with the Medium-Tan tone. Are there any other good ones out there to try?

(I mean for body, not face-sadly, I can't use it on face because I use Retin A.)

I guess I was just afraid to try it-I am very peely from the Retin A (well, very flaky, I should say) and I think the self tanner will be blotchy due to the flakes. Also, doesn't the Retin A (since it exfoliates) fade the self-tanner?

I will ck out that one at Sephora, thanks!

I like this one:

http://www.sephora.com/self-tan-bronzing-mousse-P261322?skuId=1256890

it's the st tropez bronzing mousse - dries in 60 seconds and gives a great, not orangey tan. It is instant. If you do use it, get the hand mitt to apply it. It will stain your hands otherwise and will not come off for a few days. The mitt also gives a great streak-free application.

I also like this one:

http://www.sephora.com/self-tanning-instant-gel-P53162?skuId=75663

It's the clarins gel. It dries quickly, but it takes longer to show - probably within 2 to 6 hours it will reach maximum darkness. Since it takes a little longer to darken you can use your hands to apply it and wash it off.

I prefer the st tropez for the body, and then use clarins gel on my face. I don't really know why - I think because the gel seems easier to apply to the facial area. I also break out very easily and since I know the clarins won't cause acne, I just have stuck with what works on my face :)