Menu

So, do you al like the Eggleston books for American Hist.(the younger crowd)boring?

Johanna

Why am i not excited about using these next year with my ds7?? I am afraid his eyes will glaze over?

Anyone like these and can reassure me they are good?

They are a part of the americ hist package that we are using next year, but i am afraid these spines wont work.

Why do you think they are boring? Have you read them?

We are using them too! I think the same package...

If it is, the scheduled readings are short... you can read anything for a few minutes- kwim? :001_smile:

I would consider fleshing out the topics with more living books if you are worried about interest remaining "high."

Sincerely,

Rebecca

I guess "boring" was the wrong word. They arent boring to me...lol! I love learning this stuff. I am just worried about my ds7. I know my dd 8.5 will enjoy them, but i am just hoping that the old style narrative will not lost my ds.

Johanna,

I understand.

I am super tired so sorry about that.

I am also using them with a 8.5 and a young 7 year (turning 7 July 3) old next year.

I don't have any BTDT experience yet...

Do you think more "visual" books would appeal?

Hope this makes sense!

Rebecca

Yes, perhaps....more visual or less words (KWIM?)

I actually considering doing Beyond with the two of them instead of Bigger, because i think the history reading is shorter. I guess I could always beef it up for dd8.5.

I just wonder if it will be an adequate overview of american history. and i would miss out on the 50 state overview from BIGGER. But, i could always add that on the side.

oh, these decisions!!! LOL!

Or you could be like me and do both! ;)

You could always do the history readings during a lunch or snack time and that might help the younger one pay attention- while eating...

I took a look at my books and it is a lot of text- but it is broken up in manageable , small, chunks.

I am not much help because I haven't actually used these books yet. I do know that you can read them online- so you could "try them out" on your little guy and see how he does?

Maybe someone who has used these will chime in...

Hope this helps,

Rebecca