Menu

Has anyone figured out how to edit a user name?

You can't edit it; it's the username you registered with. However, the admin should be able to change it for you (I go to another board with similar software and the admin can easily change usernames). If the admin can't for whatever reason, you'll have to reregister with the corrected name.

This is posted in the FAQ. I think it STINKS! So I hope everyone wants to be called the same name forever!:mad:

"You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so."

This is posted in the FAQ. I think it STINKS! So I hope everyone wants to be called the same name forever!:mad:

"You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so."

It doesn't stink--it's to prevent anon posts, posting by multiple users, etc. It's there for a good reason.

It doesn't stink--it's to prevent anon posts, posting by multiple users, etc. It's there for a good reason.

I do understand why it is there. I just don't like that you have to be stuck with the same name forever. Or what about people that have listed numbers of kids and then have more? According the the rule, that's not really a good reason. I've never changed my name on the boards since I started posting six years ago but I do understand that people change and want an identity that fits them better.

I do understand why it is there. I just don't like that you have to be stuck with the same name forever. Or what about people that have listed numbers of kids and then have more? According the the rule, that's not really a good reason. I've never changed my name on the boards since I started posting six years ago but I do understand that people change and want an identity that fits them better.

Well, that's why you pick a name that doesn't have any of that stuff in there. :) It really shouldn't be up to the admin's to decide on your user name, which is what "you" are asking. The ability to change your name just because another child was born, was a flaw in the other board and boards like it. It makes it too easy to fake an identity, go anon (which I loathed), or deal with spam.

"you" = general you.

Meaning, some are complaining about not being able to change a simple mistake, so they are going to email the admins to do it, when it's not something the admins should be or feel the need to do.

It's just a quirk of mine--I loathe anon posts, I loathe people who constantly change their names (as in post as one name, then as entirely different one, flipping back and forth), and I like the ability to choose a name that is just mine and no one else can take it. But mainly I love the rule because I loathe anon posts. :)