Menu

What is your favorite "Reality" show??

no broadcast tv here -- but when we did have fios, we loved

ACE OF CAKES....and I am/was a sucker for 'say yes to the dress' -- it's like a wreck and you want to look away but you can't.:lol:

I think a lot of reality tv is like that. A few weeks ago my sister and I had a girls' night and she got me to watch and episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and an episode of Mob Wives with her. :001_huh: Train.Wreck. And I could not look away. :001_smile:

Since I aleady admited to watching more than 5 minutes of Mob Wives, I suppose I can cop to it all. :lol:

I purposely, repeatedly watch:

Real Housewives (jersey only)

Top Chef

Big Brother (with the women in my family)

Hoarders

MTV Challanges (yeah, I really can't even defend this one)

Cake Boss

I should also admit I get insomnia and will avail myself of the in-laws' satellite service when the kids and I are staying there. I have learned that I can click back and forth between black and white film classics and toddler and tiaras for.hours.

Now you all actually know more about me than most IRL, because I will not be admitting this anytime soon!

ETA- Faithe I agree, the Osbornes was HYSTERICAL!

I only watch TV that we DVR, and I only watch two television shows with any regularity. One is the Daily Show, which doesn't count for purposes of this dicussion...the other is the reality show Top Shot. :D Which might not seem funny to y'all, but if you knew me, it would be HI-LAR-I-OUS. Trust me. :lol:

Project Runway is my favourite. I don't watch much tv, but I always look forward to a new season of that one. I have watched Chopped on occasion and that's fun, too. I used to watch Dancing with the Stars, but I haven't seen any stars I recognize in several seasons now, so I stopped watching it.

Does Antiques Roadshow count? :D

Otherwise, I don't think I've seen any bona fide reality shows. :leaving:

In some ways it is and we like that show too.

Also we enjoy:

Auction Hunters

Auction Kings

Deadliest Catch

I used to enjoy Hoarders but it just got so depressing. I don't watch it anymore. But, it is a great motivator when you're decluttering :D

Project Runway is my favourite. I don't watch much tv, but I always look forward to a new season of that one. I have watched Chopped on occasion and that's fun, too. I used to watch Dancing with the Stars, but I haven't seen any stars I recognize in several seasons now, so I stopped watching it.

I forgot about Project Runway. We liked that show too, although this last season was a disappointment. We liked watching the creative minds working and not all the drama. Ugh. I'm not sure we'll keep going.

I like Amazing Race too, Rivka!

And we are long-time Survivor watchers, but don't watch as much anymore.

We don't have cable/dish/whatever, but I occasionally watch some HGTV when I'm dog walking and the dog has to stay inside. :001_smile: I like

For Rent and House Hunters (and HH International, too)

I also watch Hoarders, Cake Boss and one of the paranormal shows, but only thru Netflix, so not that often.

Oh, and Biggest Loser, but I never see all of them!

I forgot about Project Runway. We liked that show too, although this last season was a disappointment. We liked watching the creative minds working and not all the drama. Ugh. I'm not sure we'll keep going.

The best reason in the world to own a DVR is so you can fast forward through all the drama and weeping on PR. UGH. Just give me the creativity, folks!

We love Next Food Network Star and Next Iron Chef competitions, although I haven't liked the winners of Iron Chef in the last couple of years.

I will admit to watching Tabitha Takes Over, but I don't really think that fits the catagory. Still, I can't look away.

is 19 Kids and Counting. I don't live their lifestyle, and don't even agree with all of it, but I am compelled to watch. I just enjoy the dynamic.

I've watched some Little Couple, mainly because it comes on right before/after 19 Kids.

I can't really tolerate any other reality shows at all.

The only reality show I ever really watch is Biggest Loser. And after this past season, I'm not sure if I'll be watching again.

We watched America's Got Talent last summer but I think we're skipping it this year... not a Howard Stern fan.

I do watch a LOT of HGTV, but I guess I never considered that reality TV. If it is, maybe I watch more than I thought!! :)

I am not sure even my annonimity on this board is enough to admit to my guilty pleasures in this genre. :tongue_smilie:

ROFL :lol::lol::lol: Too funny! I was thinking the same thing. hehehe

To the OP, I don't have cable and also barely watch t.v so that significantly narrows the field for me, but I did check the entire series of The Hills out of the library TWICE! hehehehe It was the first and I guess the only, reality show I've ever seen. I remember when I first checked it out (because I had read Lauren Conrad's style book and liked it and got curious about her show) I remember watching it thinking, "Ugh this is so stupid! I can't believe people actually watch this garbage!" and then I got totally hooked and just kept watching show after show after show. lol I think I got every single piece of clothes that I had piled up for ironing done watching it! lol

Then I checked it out a second time. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment! lol

I don't know if it's considered reality tv or not, but I started watching Fashion Star on NBC (just finished tonight) and got really into that show as well. :)

To the OP, I don't have cable and also barely watch t.v so that significantly narrows the field for me, but I did check the entire series of The Hills out of the library TWICE! hehehehe It was the first and I guess the only, reality show I've ever seen. I remember when I first checked it out (because I had read Lauren Conrad's style book and liked it and got curious about her show) I remember watching it thinking, "Ugh this is so stupid! I can't believe people actually watch this garbage!" and then I got totally hooked and just kept watching show after show after show. lol I think I got every single piece of clothes that I had piled up for ironing done watching it! lol

I don't know if it's considered reality tv or not, but I started watching Fashion Star on NBC (just finished tonight) and got really into that show as well. :)

That is so funny, maybe I should (or shouldn't) check out The Hills. I iron while I watch 'my shows' too.

We watch Dancing with the Stars here. We watched The Voice this year but I was really disappointed with the results. I like to see the best person win and I don't think that that neccesarily always happens on these shows. It seems like they are becoming more like popularity contests than talent shows. I am finding that pretty frustrating so I don't know if I will be watching again next year.

That is so funny, maybe I should (or shouldn't) check out The Hills. I iron while I watch 'my shows' too.

hehehehe It was a really interesting look behind the scenes at fashion shows and those red carpet events. That part was interesting to me and I liked Whitney and Laura, but Heidi when she is with Spencer has got to be one of the most frustrating things to witness ever. I would scream and throw things at the t.v. Yeah, it was awful, but I still watched the whole thing! lol :blushing:

Dh and I like:

Pawn Stars

American Pickers

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

I sometimes watch Project Runway online.

Ds used to watch Pit Boss.

We no longer have satellite tv, so we haven't seen any of the above in months. When we did watch them, we didn't make it a point to watch - just if we happened to catch them when they were on.

I never heard of that one....but I know what I will be doing.....LOTS of ironing:auto: :lol::lol:

Since I aleady admited to watching more than 5 minutes of Mob Wives, I suppose I can cop to it all. :lol:

I purposely, repeatedly watch:

Real Housewives (jersey only)

Top Chef

Big Brother (with the women in my family)

Hoarders

MTV Challanges (yeah, I really can't even defend this one)

Cake Boss

I should also admit I get insomnia and will avail myself of the in-laws' satellite service when the kids and I are staying there. I have learned that I can click back and forth between black and white film classics and toddler and tiaras for.hours.

Now you all actually know more about me than most IRL, because I will not be admitting this anytime soon!

ETA- Faithe I agree, the Osbornes was HYSTERICAL!

:D making my list! I get insomnia and I can never think of what to put on the TV. I never watch unless I am up in the middle of the night....or on the treadmill....or folding a ton of laundry.

Oh, Since I have no shame....I watched 2 seasons of Sister Wives and am waiting for the 3rd to come onto netflix....(Did I just admit that outloud????):lol: