Menu

Calling Dr. Hive - pregnancy, allergies, ONLY AT NIGHT

I'm 33 weeks pregnant.

Never had allergy issues really.

For the past week or so, though, major allergy issues. Only at night though! I'm not talking about when I'm lying down (drip issues) - no, I'm talking, literally, an after 5pm gig. After 5 I go from feeling FINE to sneezing, sniffling, my eyes are red, puffy and watery, my nose is runny then stuffy. It's horrible.

What is going on? After 5 allergies? I've never heard of something so absurd...

I've had allergies my whole life and my doctors have always talked about the night air being more problematic. Pollen levels go up and down over the course of the day and often times I can open windows during the day, but once evening rolls around I have to close up the house or I can't breathe as well. Hopefully this only lasts while you are pregnant!

I agree about the evenings being worse for allergies.:glare:

When does your science geek get home? Could he be bringing home a scent from work that you're allergic to?

Are you drinking milk in the afternoons? A dairy intolerance can cause a stuffy nose. I react very quickly, but it might take longer for some people.

I agree about the evenings being worse for allergies.:glare:

When does your science geek get home? Could he be bringing home a scent from work that you're allergic to?

Are you drinking milk in the afternoons? A dairy intolerance can cause a stuffy nose. I react very quickly, but it might take longer for some people.

He's been working from his home office the last few weeks (my OB doesn't want him traveling during my third trimester) - no scents.

I hate milk. Lol!

Dust mites in your pillow? Get a special pillow protector and see if it helps. Also you must wash your regular pillow case on HOT.

It's not when I'm laying down, actually. That's what I thought too; but no matter where I am (having dinner at the neighbor's, sitting in our living room, at Barnes and Noble), the uncontrollable sneezing, watery eyes, face breaking out, etc happens in the evening (not late - any time after 5). I can't for the life of me figure it out. There is nothing similar about where I've had the symptoms.