Menu

IEW:History or Themed Based Writing Question

I am interested in using some of IEW's history and/or themed based writing programs this fall. I'm wondering if I can without purchasing the Teaching Writing: Structure Style set. I have owned the Structure and Style program in the past and I really don't want to purchase them again.

I know some-what about IEW style. I understand adding -ly words, dress-ups, keyword outlining and rewriting/telling from the KWO, banned words etc.

Would you attempt to use IEW's other products if not interested in the DVDs? Has anyone used some of their themed based programs this way?

If you have used the TWSS syllabus in the past and/or viewed the DVDs, you most likely could do well with the theme-based material. The student guide and Student Resource Notebook (free download with purchase) are detailed about each dress-up or sentence opener.

If you have used the TWSS syllabus in the past and/or viewed the DVDs, you most likely could do well with the theme-based material. The student guide and Student Resource Notebook (free download with purchase) are detailed about each dress-up or sentence opener.

I viewed them but it was five years ago. I have also used a few other programs that spring from IEW, so I'm really hoping that will be enough. I have some of his cds or mp3 and such.