Menu

Mother's Day

I remember how I felt when my dad died, about Father's Day. I realized what an awful holiday this is for so many people. Everywhere you go you are bombarded by all these reminders. It's so painful and difficult to deal with :grouphug:.

So many people have terrible relationships with their parent(s), have lost their parent(s), or really wanted to be a parent and couldn't. Mother's Day and Father's day always feels like a kick in the pants to me because of that. It would be fine if people just celebrated it in their own families, privately...but because of retailers it can be a very painful thing to go through, every year.

That's my opinion, of course ;)!

doesn't have a mom around anymore. My dd's friend (10 years old) just lost her mom two days ago. There are four kids in the family. Oldest is in high school, my dd's friend (10 years old) and twin's who are 5 years old. We are stunned. I can't even imagine how hard this mother's day is going to be for them, and for other people like the OP.

I hope time helps heal the hurt.

Go hug your kids. You never know when it's "your time" to go.

Hot Lava Mama

I remember how I felt when my dad died, about Father's Day. I realized what an awful holiday this is for so many people. Everywhere you go you are bombarded by all these reminders. It's so painful and difficult to deal with :grouphug:.

So many people have terrible relationships with their parent(s), have lost their parent(s), or really wanted to be a parent and couldn't. Mother's Day and Father's day always feels like a kick in the pants to me because of that. It would be fine if people just celebrated it in their own families, privately...but because of retailers it can be a very painful thing to go through, every year.

That's my opinion, of course ;)!

Amen. I have a friend who lost her only child through a miscarriage. She's hates Mother's Day - it's just a reminder of what she never had.

My mom died in 1992.

I became a mom in 1995 and it was weird to celebrate Mother's Day without my mother. My MIL was like an adoptive mom to me, however. But she recently died last summer.

Now it is very odd to be the only Mom in our family on Mother's Day. Life is short, celebrate it with the ones you love. :grouphug: