Menu

Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire? Workout DVD

I'm currently swimming or using the Cross Ramp at the gym for cardio. I need more strength training and toning but I just hate going into the weight room. :glare:

I also find that while I enjoy going to the gym there are some days that it just doesn't happen and I need to find something I can do at home. I have a DREADmill and I don't use it as often as I should as I hate it. I have three kids who are small and dragging them all out on a run with me (6 year old on bike, little in a double jogger) totally sucks and never goes well.

Anyway, I'm looking at TurboJam or TurboFire. I am hopeful that finding a DVD program that is tolerable and maybe even... fun... means I will work out more when I can't get to the gym. I'm not the most coordinated lady and I avoid cardio dance classes at the gym so I don't embarrass myself. Perhaps using a DVD and learning at home would be workable. Also, I am not in superb shape but I am reasonably fit at this point. TurboFire looks really tough, though. It looks like it goes really fast.

Any TJ of TF users here that can give me some advice? I am already using Shakeology and my DH used P90X so we have already had good luck with other BeachBody products.

Thanks.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbo-jam.do

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire.do

I've only used Turbo Fire and I really like it. It's fun and has quite a bit of variety. There are "breakdown" videos that walk you through the moves. I highly recommend going through them the first couple of times.

Turbofire has a lot of the same moves as Jam, but it's like double time. All the moves are done at a faster pace. I love them both! I started with Jam after having my second child. Then I certified to teach Turbo Kick (a step up from Jam but only available in live classes at a gym) and I own Turbofire now. I alternate all three of them.... so I don't know which I would get. If I were just beginning I'd do Jam. If you want intensity I would get Fire.

Good luck in choosing!