Menu

Can you help me with this menu?

I'm hosting Bunco tonight. Because I am the Queen of Suburbia and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Here's what i have on the menu so far:

Raspberry habenero cheese dip with buttery crackers

Veggies with hummus dip

Brownies

Margaritas (my friend just got a new margarita machine, so we're breaking it in :D)

Wine

Beer

Water

Sodas

I need one more sweet and one more non-sweet appetizer. Ideas?

I bought these little wraps from Sam's wholesale that are filled with some kind of filling/meat. They stay in the fridge until it's time to serve then you just pull them out. They were sooooo good and very easy to do. Do ya feel like doing a blueberry cobbler? I mean, since you ARE the Queen I figured that would be no problem!

I'm hosting Bunco tonight. Because I am the Queen of Suburbia and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Here's what i have on the menu so far:

Raspberry habenero cheese dip with buttery crackers

Veggies with hummus dip

Brownies

Margaritas (my friend just got a new margarita machine, so we're breaking it in :D)

Wine

Beer

Water

Sodas

Sounds fun, even though I have no idea what Bunco is!

Here are some ideas:

-Cheese wafers (flour, butter, sharp cheddar cheese, salt, cayenne, and the secret ingredient: Rice Krispies)

-Taco layered dip with tortilla chips

-the WTM Buffalo Chicken Dip with Fritos (my family's favorite!)

-little potato rolls and a bowl of pulled pork BBQ and a bowl of cole slaw (that is, everyone can make tiny BBQ sandwiches)

-Butterscotch Brownies

-PB cup cookies (PB cookie dough, baked in mini muffin tins. When baked, press unwrapped Reese's PB cup into each "muffin.")

-bowls of M&Ms or other candies (wrapped candies? assorted Kisses?)

-skewers of melons, grapes, etc.

Have fun!

What about Pinwheel Appetizers? (That's not too late 1990s, is it?) - tortillas, cream cheese, whatever else you want to throw in there. Here's a page with lots of recipes: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,pinwheel_cream_cheese_appetizer,FF.html

Watermelon cubes with Brie and Prosciutto - a take on the Melon, Mozzarella & Proscuitto appetizer

And just because I can't get enough right now, Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil.

For a sweet I'd just get bowls of M&Ms, miniature candy bars, that kind of thing. THen you can munch through the whole game....maybe a different candy on each table. Our favorite at bunco is salted peanuts with candy corn. YUMMY!

BTW - I love it that you play bunco!!! I thought I was the only weirdo who doesn't attend our church that actually plays bunco!

Sounds fun, even though I have no idea what Bunco is!

Here are some ideas:

-Cheese wafers (flour, butter, sharp cheddar cheese, salt, cayenne, and the secret ingredient: Rice Krispies)

-Taco layered dip with tortilla chips

-the WTM Buffalo Chicken Dip with Fritos (my family's favorite!)

-little potato rolls and a bowl of pulled pork BBQ and a bowl of cole slaw (that is, everyone can make tiny BBQ sandwiches)

-Butterscotch Brownies

-PB cup cookies (PB cookie dough, baked in mini muffin tins. When baked, press unwrapped Reese's PB cup into each "muffin.")

-bowls of M&Ms or other candies (wrapped candies? assorted Kisses?)

-skewers of melons, grapes, etc.

Have fun!

Where do I find the recipe for the WTM Buffalo Chicken dip?

Dorothy

Where do I find the recipe for the WTM Buffalo Chicken dip?

Dorothy

Right here - sorry I didn't make a note of who posted it originally.

WTM Buffalo Chicken Dip

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded (more or less)

12 oz. bottle Frank's red hot buffalo wing sauce (more or less)

2 8oz. packages real cream cheese (more or less)

1 16oz. bottle ranch dressing (more or less)

½ cup chopped celery (optional - my dh and ds don't care for this)

8 oz. shredded cheese (could use almost anything, or leave it off altogether - we like a combination of Monterrey Jack and cheddar)

In a 13x9 pan, combine chicken and bottle of Frank's sauce. Spread to cover bottom of pan. In a saucepan, heat cream cheese and ranch dressing on medium heat unil smooth. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle celery on top of sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (until bubbly). Watch top to make sure it doesn’t burn. Let stand for 10 min. Serve hot or warm with a sturdy scoop-able chip. Fritos scoops tasted GREAT! Second would be a tortilla scoop or celery sticks.

ENJOY!

Recipe, please!!

Raspberrry Jalapeno Cheese dip

1 lb. finely grated cheddar cheese

1/2 c. finely chopped pecans

1/4-1/2 cup mayo

1/2 cup chopped green onion

1/2 t. garlic salt

1/3 c. Proud Pepper Jelly Co. Raspbanero jelly (this is what I use, but you can use any peppery jelly)

Stir together the first five ingredients and mix well. Press into a pie plate. Top with the jelly. Serve with buttery crackers.

Delish!

This is great y'all!

I had forgotten about the buffalo wing dip. I love that stuff! But I"m afraid it's too much cheesey dip with the other dip.

You guys have given me food for thought. Pun intended of course! Thanks for all the suggestions, you've helped a ton.

BTW, I always put a variety of candies on the table for munching. But I still need another dessert. You guys came up with some good ones!

Have you tried the raspberry chipotle dip? I'm betting it's similar to the habanero dip you mentioned - raspberry chipotle sauce, cream cheese, blend. Oh. My. Word.

I like to make tortilla chips and serve w/ guac. - but wheat thins are fantastic w/ the above mentioned dip.

Bite sized egg rolls. Picked them up at Sam's. I could get through an entire Jane Austen novel subsisting solely on those things w/ sweet and sour sauce. YUM!

I like dump cake, too. It's quick and easy and has a cobbler flair w/o the cobbler work. The recipe I make is:

Dump one can of pineapple chunks (or crushed pineapple - either way), one can of cherry pie filling into a 9x13 pan. Spread them around a bit to cover the bottom. (Don't drain!)

Dump one box of yellow cake mix on top - cover the fruit. Don't mix it in!

Slice two sticks of butter over the top, bake at 400 for one hour. Fantastic and easy. The boys make this for gatherings, themselves. :)

Have you tried the raspberry chipotle dip? I'm betting it's similar to the habanero dip you mentioned - raspberry chipotle sauce, cream cheese, blend. Oh. My. Word.

:)

You know, Dy, IMO, you really can't go wrong when there is a slab of cream cheese as the main ingredient.:drool5:

Thanks for the ideas!