Menu

Music for teA time??

I think that's very subjective.

I, personally, like Imogen Heap, Kings of Leon, Florence and the Machine, Morcheeba, Portishead, and several dub songs that are slower with a lot of bass. I kind of like certain techno songs, honestly. LOL

But old school stuff like Bruce Springsteen "I'm on Fire", Dave Matthews Band "Crash", Peter Gabriel, etc. is good, too!

Favorites here include:

Unchained Melody (righteous brothers)

Unforgettable (Nat and Natalie Cole)

Sentimental Journey

You're Still You (Josh Groban - lots of Josh Groban actually)

Several Jazz numbers by Manhatten Transfer

Oh, and hate to admit it...we are probably the WEIRDEST amongst the couples represented here - coming out of the closet - OPERA and in particular severals arias from Verdi's operas.

(Ducking head, running for cover, pink cheeks, red ears, deep embarassment) :auto:

Faith

Hmmm...for us it depends on the type of teA party we are having. Some are quiet and leisurely; some are fast-paced and more rowdy, iykwim...

*runs and hides*

Totally get it and looking for both types.

Whatever you do, don't use Johnny Cash. Years and years ago, I put on Johnny Cash just because he is dh's favorite singer of all time. After a couple of songs he said it just wasn't mood music.:tongue_smilie: We laugh about it to this day.

Favorites here include:

Oh, and hate to admit it...we are probably the WEIRDEST amongst the couples represented here - coming out of the closet - OPERA and in particular severals arias from Verdi's operas.

(Ducking head, running for cover, pink cheeks, red ears, deep embarassment) :auto:

Faith

Oh....this is us, too. Lots of drama in opera. Don't be embarassed!

I'm probably strange, but I almost never, ever want to listen to music with words. Tea time or not LOL! And, IMO, there is nothing more sultry and seducing than Chopin. Especially his Nocturnes. I have a classical music background so that probably has something to do with it.

When we have music on, it tends to be Enya. We have few cds in the bedroom and that's the best one of the bunch. There are also those old VIctoria's Secret cds so those are all classical music. They don't get played as much though. Usually there is no music.

If we need "cover sound", we turn on the tv.

Whatever you do, don't use Johnny Cash. Years and years ago, I put on Johnny Cash just because he is dh's favorite singer of all time. After a couple of songs he said it just wasn't mood music.:tongue_smilie: We laugh about it to this day.

that's funny because my grandma once said that long ago she could tell when my dad had a date because he'd get ready for his date and listen to Johnny Cash at the same time.

Alley

I've always liked some old Anita Baker at teA time and pretty much anything by Van Morrison. And many songs in French by Francis Cabrel, especially from his Samedi soir sur la terre album.

Other songs:

Thank You by Led Zeppelin

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Adore by Prince

All I Want Is You by U2

Can you tell I'm in my 40s? :D

I think that's very subjective.

I, personally, like Imogen Heap, Kings of Leon, Florence and the Machine, Morcheeba, Portishead, and several dub songs that are slower with a lot of bass. I kind of like certain techno songs, honestly. LOL

But old school stuff like Bruce Springsteen "I'm on Fire", Dave Matthews Band "Crash", Peter Gabriel, etc. is good, too!

kings of leon sounds perfect for a teA party!:D

I don't know if I am even allowed in this thread, but I don't know that we have ever listened to music during a teA party...does that make us weird?

You are allowed. I am thinking DH and/or I would just start busting up laughing if we tried to listen to music and be all romantic...I think we are more of the "fun" kind of tea drinkers LOL.

We rarely listen to "romantic" music... I'm a devout Christian and I sure don't listen to Christian music when...ya know! LOL That would just be weird and sappy to me, sorry to say! We don't have music on during teA even half the time, but it's kinda fun when we do. :D

Plus, it's NOISE! LOL

Well......I just got an iphone for Christmas. So I put all of our old songs on it. And we used it for TeA time. It was great. All kinds of music, all kinds of moods, all kinds of memories......

Well.....that can be dangerous.......

See my sig......:leaving:

So cute. Congrats.

I don't know if I am even allowed in this thread, but I don't know that we have ever listened to music during a teA party...does that make us weird?

:lol: Nah. We try the "quiet to keep the kids asleep" approach.

But if we ever do get a chance, it's usually Led Zeppelin, Paula Cole, Missy Elliott, Jeff Buckley, or sometimes NIN. Depending on the mood. *blush*

Music? During teA time? :confused:

You mean, it's not supposed to be accompanied by the evening news in the background? :001_huh: :D

(And the flickering screen is almost like candlelight, no? :tongue_smilie:)

Yeah. Or Bones.

I HATE when I catch snatches of an episode I've not seen before. Then later I'm all 'um, can you rewind that?'

Favorites here include:

Unchained Melody (righteous brothers)

Unforgettable (Nat and Natalie Cole)

Sentimental Journey

You're Still You (Josh Groban - lots of Josh Groban actually)

Several Jazz numbers by Manhatten Transfer

Faith

Queue "Ride of the Valkyries." Get it . . . RIDE :D

I think that Sting, Prince, and Aerosmith can serve you well for a variety of occasions.

Hot Tuna

:lol::lol::lol:

No, seriously.....Jorma is the man! (Jefferson Airplane is great too!)

I used to see Jorma play frequently in this little club in North Beach, San Francisco back in 79-80. Great!

Bill (who would have gone with Barry White—had it been a novel idea—but will instead nominate Bob Marley's Jammin' :D)