Menu

I had an MRI...

and my ACL is completely torn away from the patella, or whatever it attaches to. I can't believe it. I was trying to be so optimistic about the whole thing. Physical therapy will continue for a few weeks, and then I'll need surgery. They replace the ligament with an artificial one. Apparently, if I don't have surgery, I'm at risk for severe arthritis in that knee from the "bone-on-bone" rubbing that would have been going on for years. The whole thing just makes me want to cry. I've also been called for jury duty...

Any advice/experience is appreciated!

and my ACL is completely torn away from the patella, or whatever it attaches to. I can't believe it. I was trying to be so optimistic about the whole thing. Physical therapy will continue for a few weeks, and then I'll need surgery. They replace the ligament with an artificial one. Apparently, if I don't have surgery, I'm at risk for severe arthritis in that knee from the "bone-on-bone" rubbing that would have been going on for years. The whole thing just makes me want to cry. I've also been called for jury duty...

Any advice/experience is appreciated!

Good and hard because that really does stink. You can still be optimistic. I've seen MMA fighters come back from ACL surgery and fight again. :grouphug:

My mom had that happen to her and she has not gotten it fixed because of various things (her age, diabetes, etc.). But... her knee completely gives out at odd times. You do not want this to happen to you. You are young. Have it fixed. I knew an older lady who had hers fixed because she loved skiing so much. Just do it, heal, and go through therapy. God bless you and give you strength.

:grouphug:

Dana