Menu

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was interesting. http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2011/05/05/americas-most-hated-baby-names/

I haven't used any of these names, but a few I would use and like made the list.

Hmm, should I be offended one of my children's name is on that list?! :lol: One of my son's first names is #1 on the list. We had a co-worker of dh's vehemently complain about it while I was pregnant. I told dh he could tell the person where to get off. The name was chosen, in our family due to the meaning & the fact that we all most lost him before he was born. His middle name isn't on the list, but I'm surprised because it's VERY old fashioned, but he was given his Grandfather's name. His Gpa died months before the baby was born, & the one thing his Gpa regretted was that he would not get to see that little boy in person.

We ended up teling the woman she could call our son JAC if she felt so inclined. It's his initials. ;)

Does anyone remember the names that the infamous troll from last year gave its multiple children??

Nevaeh jumped out at me and made me laugh as I thought of last years entertainment.

My children have names which aren't on that list. DD has a kind've popular name with an 'h' added to the end, and DS has DH middle name as his first. It is a nice, old name.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm LMAO over "Lady Ashley." Poor kid. Was her mom a Crazy Lady?

Oh yes, most definitely. :D

Let's just say the parent-teacher conferences with that family were quite entertaining. And every year, that poor child became legendary amongst the teachers who had to endure the mother who demanded her dd be called LADY Ashley. HAAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol:

Most of them are just popular, so that's why they are on this list. People, especially baby name enthusiasts, really dislike popular. Everyone wants to be different.

My kids names are not on there, but people don't usually love their names. (i always get asked, "who are they named after?" i guess they assume i wouldnt have picked them on my own.) Although my older DS is Henry, and I'm guessing that will be hated soon because it's climbing the popularity chart. (it wasn't in the top 100 when I originally chose it)

My twins are Georgia & Miles. I get a lot of comments that they are "interesting."

My Henry is 16, and I really believed when he was born, "at least I found a name that won't ever become popular"......not.

I don't think boys generally care about having a unique name as much as girls do. My husband's name is so popular that we went out to dinner with friends, and someone pointed out that the seating arrangement was, "Dave, Dave's wife, Dave's wife, Dave, Dave, Dave's wife"

Wow I am surprised to see that the name Tristan is on that list. That is my son's name! lol

I didn't think it was a very popular name at all? I don't know anyone or haven't even heard of anyone with that name, other than the Tristan from Arthurian Legend.

I did laugh at the reasons though, "fakey"? hehe and "unlikeable"! I like my son very much :)

I didn't think it was a very popular name at all? I don't know anyone or haven't even heard of anyone with that name, other than the Tristan from Arthurian Legend.

The most familiar "Tristan" to me is Sigfried's brother in James Herriot's books.

Wow I am surprised to see that the name Tristan is on that list. That is my son's name! lol

I did laugh at the reasons though, "fakey"? hehe and "unlikeable"! I like my son very much :)

I think a lot of women enjoyed Brad Pitt's character by the same name in Legends of the Fall. :)

I think a lot of women enjoyed Brad Pitt's character by the same name in Legends of the Fall. :)

Yep, that is why I have always liked Tristan. :)

My son's name made the list. I don't personally know anyone whose surname is Hunter, and I don't consider it to be "violent" either!