Menu

A Positive plug for Elemental History!

We've been using Elemental Science for a little while now and are fully enjoying it. I kept reading about Elemental History and finally took the plunge. Curriculum junkies beware! This introduction to American history is just fantastic!

It's written in such an engaging way that my kids beg to hear more! They were always so bored by American History but this has truly lit a fire in them. Just wanted to share about my wonderful discovery for anyone else that may be looking for an alternative U.S. history curriculum for the grammar stage.

http://www.elementalhistory.com/index.html

We have really enjoyed it this year also. It has been interesting and just enough for my DD 6. She loves how it is written in story format. Also the suggested read alouds have been great. I love that my dd3 has en able to participate at her own level.

That is what we are planning on this coming school year. I know I saw a sample but I can't get the sample on the website to work. Wish I could because I wanted to look at it one more time before purchasing. Nevermind: I saved the links and opened from saved file and that worked.

Edited by 2J5M9K

Are you using it with all your children? Did your oldest enjoy it as well?

Glad you hear your kids liked it! I have this one on the radar for a couple of years down the road...

Yes, my oldest is 8 and is enjoying it just as much. There are book lists that accompany the lesson plans and they are just enough meat to the books not to lose his interest. I just borrow them from the library and buy one or two a week to build up my library.

Thanks for posting this! It's my plan for next year before starting a 4 year cycle but there didn't seem to be many on here that had used it.

No problem! I didn't want such a great curriculum to be overlooked by many simply because there is not enough word of mouth. Many children can benefit greatly from this history program. :001_smile:

We've been using Elemental Science for a little while now and are fully enjoying it. I kept reading about Elemental History and finally took the plunge. Curriculum junkies beware! This introduction to American history is just fantastic!

It's written in such an engaging way that my kids beg to hear more! They were always so bored by American History but this has truly lit a fire in them. Just wanted to share about my wonderful discovery for anyone else that may be looking for an alternative U.S. history curriculum for the grammar stage.

http://www.elementalhistory.com/index.html

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been looking for a US history study for my 1st grader and this looks perfect!!!

I've been doing it with my 1st grader this year, and it's been great! The book choices are excellent. My dd has been able to read most of the RA's to herself, which has worked perfectly for us this year. The actual text is good too, and my dd has enjoyed the state pages. The coloring pages are a bit lame, but my dd doesn't complain. Most days, she writes her own sentence about the story and draws a picture to go with it.

We have been using this as well this year. DD has enjoyed .. in fact she recently claimed that history is her favorite subject :) We have not done a craft project every week only because sometimes we haven't had the time or I just didn't want to do it (like one on making your own dye), but I agree that the book choices have been great and I have been able to find almost all of them at our local library. We have also been watching Liberty's Kids videos when they match up just for some extra reinforcement. Plus I created our own simple little timeline so hopefully some of it will stick. I think it's a great introduction and for me personally it was important to at least expose dd to some U.S history before starting SOTW next year.