Menu

The Prom lecture... did I miss anything?

Sat ds down and told him under no circumstances to get into a car with someone that has been drinking or doing drugs. If he has done either he is not to drive as well, but to call me to come get him. No questions asked. This goes for university next year, too.

Anything else I need to talk about? I mentioned the sex issue, but this is just a friend.

If he is with someone who isn't drinking yet driving badly he needs to get out at the first safe opportunity and call for a ride. Drag racing and/or just being stupid with a vehicle comes to mind.

Good one. I think he knows that, but I will mention it.

Anything else I need to talk about? I mentioned the sex issue, but this is just a friend.

Even so, it's worth mentioning. At my house this pre-date reminder goes like this: "Kissing leads to making out. Making out leads to sex. Sex leads to babies." ;)

Even so, it's worth mentioning. At my house this pre-date reminder goes like this: "Kissing leads to making out. Making out leads to sex. Sex leads to babies." ;)

Oh, we talked about it. LOL I didn't post it here because everyone has such different opinions and didn't want the thread sidetracked. :001_smile:

A reminder that being in the wrong place at the wrong time can lead to an arrest/record. If he isn't drinking or doing drugs, but those he is with are and the cops show up they may lump him in with everyone else. That could effect his job choices and such for the rest of his life.

Also what to do if someone he knows shows signs of alcohol poisoning.

Friend or not, treat her like a princess at her prom!

:iagree:

As a mom of all girls, I agree 100million%. Be a gentleman. No freak dancing/grinding. :ack2:

Even though his date is a buddy, treat her like the most special girl in the world- other girls will notice, and the friend/date will know how a sweetheart/date should treat her.

:bigear: for more responses- prom is in two weeks for mine.

I second Katie regarding being vigilant about not only oneself but also those around you.

Back in the Old Days, when I was young, if we did something stupid, only the witnesses who were physically present and looking the right way saw it. Unfortunately now, all it takes is one person with a camera and the entire world can be privy to your one moment of indiscretion.

I might also mention to have fun and not let unrealistic expectations that "this is supposed to be one of the most memorable nights of your life" steal your enjoyment of the event. There will be many fun and exciting events in the future, probably many of them will outshine the prom. So relax and have a good time.

I second Katie regarding being vigilant about not only oneself but also those around you.

Back in the Old Days, when I was young, if we did something stupid, only the witnesses who were physically present and looking the right way saw it. Unfortunately now, all it takes is one person with a camera and the entire world can be privy to your one moment of indiscretion.

I might also mention to have fun and not let unrealistic expectations that "this is supposed to be one of the most memorable nights of your life" steal your enjoyment of the event. There will be many fun and exciting events in the future, probably many of them will outshine the prom. So relax and have a good time.

:iagree: gosh, so much to think about. We'll be there someday soon enough, but everyone's input is good for daily business, too.