Menu

Apologia... Physical Science... Notebook?

This is my first year using Apologia. We are doing Physical Science. I read the intro in the text and went to the website but don't see a place that tells how (or even if) we need to set up a notebook.

I know they have them for the lower grades but not for upper.

Can anyone who has done this course tell me how (or if) they set up a binder for things?

Thanks!

Sonlight sells a schedule which I think contains questions but I have never used or seen them.

We have used physical science with great success. This is what we did. Each chapter has a study guide. The guide has a list of vocabulary words then a question section. The quide does agood job covering what they need to understand for the test. We worked through the study guide questions after each days reading--i read aloud more for me then dc's. This way I can answer questions and assign the proper amount-- I can see if they understand or are struggling. Some sections are really hard others easy. After the reading is done they answer the guide as far as they can go in two parts-- vocabulary and questions to include descriptive drawings if needed. If it was a lab day then a lab report included.

Figure 2 weeks per chapter. I usually make flashcards for the vocabulary words so they can study in the car.

This method has worked great. Note taking skills are improving slowly for D's -- dd has spectacular notes. We are now doing the biology course.

I think they are coming out with notebooks for Physical & General Science, but they won't be out until summer so I haven't seen them yet. I'm anxious to see what it's like as we'll be doing Physical next year too. When we did General, my dd just used a couple of spiral-bound notebooks--one she used as a lab notebook and the other she kept vocabulary and the on-your-own questions/answers in. I'm hoping to be more organized next year, though. ;)

Edited by Sheila in OK
typo's

My non-science DD has used the following lapbook/notebook product alongside Apologia's General Science (7th) and this past year Physical Science (and I have purchased their Biology lapbook that she will use in 10th):

http://www.knowledgeboxcentral.com/

This company ALWAYS has great sales going on, so I don't think I ever paid more than $15 for the lapbooks (pdf file).......a great deal.

The OYO questions are pre-printed and lines are given for the student's answer; the study guide questions that are in the science text are what are to be done as lapbooks.

You also get lab report sheets.......blank if you want your child to practice filling all of it out or filled in for the first few sections.

I love these lapbooks! Highly recommended.

My non-science DD has used the following lapbook/notebook product alongside Apologia's General Science (7th) and this past year Physical Science (and I have purchased their Biology lapbook that she will use in 10th):

http://www.knowledgeboxcentral.com/

This company ALWAYS has great sales going on, so I don't think I ever paid more than $15 for the lapbooks (pdf file).......a great deal.

The OYO questions are pre-printed and lines are given for the student's answer; the study guide questions that are in the science text are what are to be done as lapbooks.

You also get lab report sheets.......blank if you want your child to practice filling all of it out or filled in for the first few sections.

I love these lapbooks! Highly recommended.

Yes!

Dd looked at the Learn N'Folder and Knowledge Box... she chose Knowledge Box.

I was going to get the LNF but remembered KB. So I have some printing to do now! :glare:

• 2 weeks later...