Menu

So sad, baby robin out of the nest.

We've got a baby but cannot get him back to the nest, it's in an inaccessible place. I made sure he's right under the tree and we have stayed away, hoping mama bird will come feed him. I feel bad because with the coyotes, cats and owls around here, he won't last the night.

We've got a baby but cannot get him back to the nest, it's in an inaccessible place. I made sure he's right under the tree and we have stayed away, hoping mama bird will come feed him. I feel bad because with the coyotes, cats and owls around here, he won't last the night.

Awwww. Poor little guy. We had a robin fall from his nest way too early last year. I was able to get him back in the nest and he flew away with his brothers and sisters.

If he's still out there, the local bird rescue place advises putting them in a basket and tying in the tree. The mama will come back and feed them in the new "nest."

Oh, I missed this earlier but I will go see if I can find him now. I will feel better knowing he's off the ground. Great idea! Definitely worth a try, thanks!

If he's still out there, the local bird rescue place advises putting them in a basket and tying in the tree. The mama will come back and feed them in the new "nest."

Wow! What a great idea! I would've never thought of that....

I feel your sadness. Our little sparrow babies are all leaving the nest this week and our Mastiff has killed them all. She doesn't eat them or even really chew on them but she must bite them because we're finding their little bodies (all slobbery) when we get home each day. I want to punish her but I know she's not doing anything wrong. It's just not fair!!!

We did this last year with two babies. We had to tie them up on top of our basketball goal so the cats couldn't climb up, but mama found them.

I could not find a basket last night but when I went out this morning, he was still there! That is a miracle indeed. He is cheeping away and pretty peppy, and as I walked out this morning I saw a big robin scoot away, so mom must be feeding him. Amazingly he looks even more feathered today than he was yesterday.

Today I will find something, a shoebox even, and get him off the ground.

I hope to continue to deliver good news about this grounded peeper.

By the way, there's also a nest of baby doves in the eave just above the baby robin. They keep looking down on him like they're watching a show! Such a difference in temperament between these species, it is interesting to observe.