Menu

Hi,

We'd like to find a good bike carrier that would fit 4 bikes (1 or 2 adult, 1 older child, and one small one with training wheels). We have a Mercury Milan sedan car. We'd like one that makes it very easy to put the bikes on and off. I'm not mechanically inclined, and don't think I could handle lifting onto roof!

Anyone have suggestions? Also, we use our trunk a lot so I suppose these kinds of things have to come off and on, so you can use your trunk?

Amy

We have a Thule that uses a hitch- so we can access the trunk with no problems. Thule makes them to hold 4 bikes but we have a 2 bike system that has a track at the bottom to hold the wheels. It's really easy to load the bikes!

Does your car have a hitch on it? We had to install one on dh's new car- it was easy.

I really like a hitch system- my sister uses a Thule trunk mount and not only is it impossible to use the trunk when the rack is on, it's scratched her car over the years.