Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in case you want minute play-by-plays, just took a shower so I'd be ready to go when I called the doctor's office if they wanted me to come in or go to the lab.

And I just called the office as it opened at 9 and explained that I got faint positives yesterday and today and as my last pregnancy was an ectopic, I wanted to see if they could send me for bloodwork to confirm the pregnancy and start monitoring my HCG levels.

She took my name and number and said, "I'll give you a call back, they'll probably fax over a script for a Beta."

So awaiting a call back now. :P

What's a Beta?

a basic pregnancy test, also known as a beta HCG or B-HCG test. It just means they will (probably) send me for a blood test to confirm and see what my levels are.

ETA: Annnnd they just called back and told me to head over to the lab now, so I'm going. And then I get to just wait for the doctor's office to get the results and call me back which will HOPEFULLY be today and not tomorrow!

When I get back I'll also take another home test since by then I'll have gone several hours without peeing and HOPEFULLY I'll see a somewhat darker line.

Hey Nance, have you always been in Pennsylvania? For some reason I thought you were on the west coast.

My, lovely weather we are having.

What do you all think of the new spring fashions?

This waiting is going to do us all in....:tongue_smilie: At least I have a dentist appointment this morning to distract me.

Nance, we are rooting for you! I am glad to hear your doc's office is so responsive. Praying for a positive test and a properly planted, sticky baby. :grouphug:

Amazingly I was in and out in 5 min or so. I expected a packed waiting room since I didn't get there at 7 when they opened, but it was empty!

They said my dr should get the results "this afternoon" so I will start stalking their office after lunch.

The cruddy thing is today is Thursday. If I'm pregnant and it's a normal pregnancy my numbers should double every 2-3 days, but the lab and dr are closed all weekend so I will have to wait til Monday- 4 days!!!- to find out if they are rising normally.

I might die before then of nervous anticipation (although a darker line on a home test between now and then would mollify me somewhat)!

Hey Nance, have you always been in Pennsylvania? For some reason I thought you were on the west coast.

My, lovely weather we are having.

What do you all think of the new spring fashions?

This waiting is going to do us all in....:tongue_smilie: At least I have a dentist appointment this morning to distract me.

Nance, we are rooting for you! I am glad to hear your doc's office is so responsive. Praying for a positive test and a properly planted, sticky baby. :grouphug:

Haha I am originally from New York (Long Island) but moved to PA when my 11 1/2 y/o dd was like nine months old.

OK I am hoping THIS advice will do the trick because I tested about 7:20 AM (about 30-35 minutes ago) and I did see a line show up again within 2 min, but it was still SO faint. It's possible it wasn't even as dark as the one I took yesterday evening.

Which freaks me out a little because last time, with the ectopic, my tests kept getting lighter instead of darker, which was one of the signs something was wrong.

Of course, with that one, I also had brown spotting, and so far this time, no spotting of any kind.

The pee DID look a bit on the pale side this morning, not extremely dark and concentrated, so I'm going to wait a few hours without peeing or drinking anything and then try again to see if I can get a darker line with more concentrated pee.

Ugh, this waiting and wondering is killing me!

P.S. I'm also going to call the dr when they open at 9 and request a blood test/HCG levels check.

Yes, use fresh pee :). This is absolutely necessary - it will probably be hours before the doctor's office calls, at the very least.

What, no pics this morning? So excited for you!!

p.s. when you get the beta, if it's positive, I'd be happy with a very low number because it's so early. Like, less than 50, maybe even less than 25.

Edited by wapiti

Yes, use fresh pee :). This is absolutely necessary - it will probably be hours before the doctor's office calls, at the very least.

What, no pics this morning? So excited for you!!

p.s. when you get the beta, if it's positive, I'd be happy with a very low number because it's so early. Like, less than 50, maybe even less than 25.

:iagree: With this pregnancy I got my first positive at 11dpo and it was really faint. Beta at 17dpo was 211, so if I calculate backward it was probably less than 25 at 11dpo.

Edited by Veritaserum

Nance I'm hoping and praying you get good news this afternoon! How exciting!!!!!

I missed this yesterday and found out when checking in with the crazy stroller lady thread and waiting for news there. I don't think I could have taken the double suspense. :tongue_smilie::lol:

Edited by Teachin'Mine

Call the lab and ask to pick up a paper copy of the report to 'hand carry to the doctor'. Call ahead to ask if they can have it ready for you and to find out where to pick it up at (some labs have printouts done at other locations). The report should be pretty obvious on a + - ,and a test range on the other factors. Then you can wait to hear from the doctor with at least some knowledge under your belt.

Arggh ok couldn't wait anymore and tested again. Pee did look darker than this morning's but line looked the same as this morning's (although it showed up within one minute). I think these tests will drive me crazy. But I will try to give it a whole day and see what it looks like tonight before bed and again tomorrow morning. Going to go occupy myself now, will update about what I hear from dr and results tonight.

Whoops, double post. Going to retest about 11:30 so it will have been four hours in between.

Lol at the Seuss reference!

Come ON!!!! You are going to take the test with the phone in your hand - right? So, at 11:30 and 30 seconds, I can expect a report? Trying to figure if I have time to weed a flower bed inbetween now and then.

Arggh ok couldn't wait anymore and tested again. Pee did look darker than this morning's but line looked the same as this morning's (although it showed up within one minute). I think these tests will drive me crazy. But I will try to give it a whole day and see what it looks like tonight before bed and again tomorrow morning. Going to go occupy myself now, will update about what I hear from dr and results tonight.

Any line is a positive line if it is before the 3 minute mark. If you have an extra test, have one of your kids pee on it for a control group, color band verifying step.

I hope this one is an easy peaceful pregnancy for you you!

Any line is a positive line if it is before the 3 minute mark. If you have an extra test, have one of your kids pee on it for a control group, color band verifying step.

I hope this one is an easy peaceful pregnancy for you you!

This absolutely cracked me up!:lol::lol::lol:

Whoops, double post. Going to retest about 11:30 so it will have been four hours in between.

Lol at the Seuss reference!

I will check back here in 35 minutes. :D Sending heaps of positive thoughts your way, Nance. I know exactly what you're going through (ectopic and all). I've peed on hundreds of those silly sticks. :grouphug:

Totally missed this. Thanks for the heads up. :001_smile:

Sounds like there's lots of little faint lines running around though. :001_smile:

I hope you hear good news this afternoon. :grouphug:

My faint line that looked just like that is now 8 years old. :D

:iagree:

I had one test whose line showed up a day later, and ended up being positive.

They keep saying how sensitive those things are...I keep thinking they don't understand what that word means.

That line is positive for sure (a positive is a positive, a negative is a wait and see).

And the darkness of a line is not really an indicator of how pregnant you are. A line is a line. Even if the HCG is supposed to double overnight or whatever, at the beginning you're still dealing with small amounts of HCG so if it went from 100 to 200, that difference may not be noticeable. It may be when it goes from 10,000 to 20,000 though. (I'm really just making numbers up for illustration purposes).

Plus, the ink on those things is not necessarily consistent.

Got it! So many people posting to wait and see that I lost this update. :)

:grouphug: Here's a huge cyber hug and positive, peaceful thoughts for you throughout the day.

I agree with "a line is a line, no matter how small."

Amazingly I was in and out in 5 min or so. I expected a packed waiting room since I didn't get there at 7 when they opened, but it was empty!

They said my dr should get the results "this afternoon" so I will start stalking their office after lunch.

The cruddy thing is today is Thursday. If I'm pregnant and it's a normal pregnancy my numbers should double every 2-3 days, but the lab and dr are closed all weekend so I will have to wait til Monday- 4 days!!!- to find out if they are rising normally.

I might die before then of nervous anticipation (although a darker line on a home test between now and then would mollify me somewhat)!

The Hospital lab will be open! Can you just go there on Saturday? :D If it's like our hospital, if the doctor gives you a script you can walk into the lab for blood testing. It's worth asking your doc!

In the meantime, you can amuse yourself by comparing your test to other tests here. http://www.peeonastick.com/ ;)