Menu

If you have a 1st generation Nook, but

wanted to get something with color and apps. . Would you get a Nook color, Nook tablet, or would you switch to a Kindle Fire? I don't want to replace my Nook, I plan to still use it for reading, but I do want something that will allow me to read books with great illustrations in color. Please don't say Ipad, i've been trying forever to save for one and something always happens to eat up the money. I'm hoping to get one of these as a Mother's Day gift! Thanks

I love my 1st gen Nook. I use it daily and it saves me a fortune in Library Fines because it automatically returns the books for me when time is up.

But - if I was to replace it, I would probably look for an Android tablet along the lines of the Samsung Galaxy or similiar.

I love my 1st gen Nook. I use it daily and it saves me a fortune in Library Fines because it automatically returns the books for me when time is up.

But - if I was to replace it, I would probably look for an Android tablet along the lines of the Samsung Galaxy or similiar.

See, I don't want to replace it. I want something to add to it, I will still use it for reading, but I would like something with color for kids books and some magazines and apps. are definitely a plus!

Well I might go with another Nook simply because I assume you can easily share items you bought with both devices. I'm not 100% sure if you could with a Nook and Kindle. KWIM?

I have 2 Kindles. So if I buy a book I can put it on both.

:iagree:

I love my Kindle 2 & our Kindle Fires, but if I had a Nook I would consider a Nook tablet so I could share books. I'm assuming you can share books. When I buy something for our Kindles, I can put it on all 7 devices. If that's not the case with the Nook, I'd go with a Fire.

wanted to get something with color and apps. . Would you get a Nook color, Nook tablet, or would you switch to a Kindle Fire? I don't want to replace my Nook, I plan to still use it for reading, but I do want something that will allow me to read books with great illustrations in color. Please don't say Ipad, i've been trying forever to save for one and something always happens to eat up the money. I'm hoping to get one of these as a Mother's Day gift! Thanks

I think it depends if you've purchased a lot of books for the Nook that you'll want to read again. If so, they won't transfer to a Kindle, and it would drive me crazy to partition my books that way. If you only use it for pdfs and library books, then some kind of Kindle seems more reasonable.

Until 5/12, the Nook Color is $20 off (plus a free bookbag). I might upgrade from my first gen and get an N2A card to turn it into an android. This is what my husband did, and it became a tablet. It was very easy.

On the other hand, I might just get the tablet. It is currently $199. With the N2A card + the Nook Color, it would be about $185, not a huge savings. Not sure what I'll do. The charger doesn't work in the outlet anymore, so I have to charge my Nook by computer, which is a pain. That gives me a great excuse to upgrade, don't you think?;)

I think it depends if you've purchased a lot of books for the Nook that you'll want to read again. If so, they won't transfer to a Kindle, and it would drive me crazy to partition my books that way. If you only use it for pdfs and library books, then some kind of Kindle seems more reasonable.

With my dh's Nook Color/android, he downloaded the Kindle app. and can get his Nook library or buy Kindle books. Can you just do the same with Kindle Fire - download the Nook app? I did that with my ipod touch and can get my Nook library on it. Surely Kindle would be able to do the same?

I have a 1st gen Nook. I think our first tablet will be a Kindle Fire. My sister has one and I liked it a lot. I fantasize about an IPad but I can't see spending that much anytime in the near future.

I also will keep using my Nook, mostly because of the e-ink. I've had my Nook for 2 years and I think I've only bought 2 books for it. Everything else I've checked out from the library or I've gotten from manybooks.net.

I have a 1st gen Nook. I think our first tablet will be a Kindle Fire. My sister has one and I liked it a lot. I fantasize about an IPad but I can't see spending that much anytime in the near future.

I also will keep using my Nook, mostly because of the e-ink. I've had my Nook for 2 years and I think I've only bought 2 books for it. Everything else I've checked out from the library or I've gotten from manybooks.net.

:iagree: I think this is probably what i'll do! I've only bought 4 books for my Nook and the rest are freebies.

My DD's 14 & 16 each have an old Nook. We got them each a Kindle Fire for Christmas. Since they got their Fire's they haven't touched their old Nooks. They LOVE their Kindle Fires. My oldest DD21, carries her Fire with her everywhere! My vote is for a Kindle Fire. :)

Neither. I did all the research and ended up with this. I adore it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/vizio-tablet-vtab1008/4505-3126_7-34468394.html?tag=subnav

I have a Kindle 3 and a 1st generation Nook, test drove all the tablets and didn't care for them.

I put the Kindle app, the nook app and my favorite Aldiko on it so I have access to all my books. I use Calibre to manage them all.

Edited by Lizzie in Ma

:iagree:

I love my Kindle 2 & our Kindle Fires, but if I had a Nook I would consider a Nook tablet so I could share books. I'm assuming you can share books. When I buy something for our Kindles, I can put it on all 7 devices. If that's not the case with the Nook, I'd go with a Fire.

This. I have a Kindle Keyboard and will probably get a Fire just to have a tablet-like device for things other than reading. Unless you can read all of your Nook books on the Fire (and maybe you can if the Fire allows the Nook app), I'd stick with Nook.