Menu

If I hated turnips & rutabagas, will I hate kohlrabi?

Well, I tend to think of them as tasting more like broccoli, specifically the core of a broccoli stem.

They are a favorite here. DH loves them raw. I do too, but I also like them grilled with some butter/evoo and onions in a tin foil pack.

Well, I tend to think of them as tasting more like broccoli, specifically the core of a broccoli stem.

They are a favorite here. DH loves them raw. I do too, but I also like them grilled with some butter/evoo and onions in a tin foil pack.

:iagree:

Exactly right. The bulb part of kohlrabi is very much akn to the tender nausea of a broccoli stems. The outside is covered in with a tough and fiberious skin that should be removed with a vegetable peeler.

The tender inside is good either raw or lightly cooked.

The kohlrabi greens are delicious sautéed in olive olive with fresh garlic.

Nothing at all like rutabaga or turnip.

Billl

:iagree:

Exactly right. The bulb part of kohlrabi is very much akn to the tender nausea of a broccoli stems. The outside is covered in with a tough and fiberious skin that should be removed with a vegetable peeler.

The tender inside is good either raw or lightly cooked.

The kohlrabi greens are delicious sautéed in olive olive with fresh garlic.

Nothing at all like rutabaga or turnip.

Bill

I remember once in college I was telling a friend about the vegetables my dad grew in his garden. When I said kohlrabi - she thought I was making it up. She didn't believe me that there really was a vegetable with this funny name.

I like kohlrabi. I do not like rutabagas or turnips (mom used to try to hide them in stew and claim they were potatoes - not!)