Menu

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever say anything? The first time, I would probably have given her the benefit of the doubt. Every time after that would have gotten an increasingly louder "Hey lady, watch where you are going!" This time, stand your ground, look her in the eye and say "Don't even think about it! - I have had it and will call the police for assault."

Stand your ground, plus take a video with your phone or even a big camera of her doing it!

:iagree: If you make it obvious you are filming her I can't imagine she would crash into you. and if she does, then you have the proof.

I really can't wait until tomorrow to find out what happens. hehe

Depending on my mood, I might not move when she swerved over. I would just stand there, look her right in the eye and say "Excuse Me". If she continued and actually hit me, I'd ask her what her problem is.

:iagree: I wouldn't move. When I see her coming, I would stop and wait. Play chicken. (I wouldn't say "excuse me.") If she hits me, I would respond to that (in a not very happy way).

I think you need to outfit the stroller wheels w/ James Bond-like blades that stick out to the sides:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXCRg2ueddMkfKLg1Qa377bmXBsEnEfRz8O1mVszdW-4BIjx6OhCC5ZiFlmg

;) :lol:

(I think you've gotten some good advice. I think standing your ground & asking her what she is doing may be a way to make her stop.)

Let us know how it goes.

And if that happens, glare at her and go "What is your problem? Are you drunk? Watch where you're going with that thing!"

:P

Then the next day point your cell phone at her when she starts coming like you're taking pictures or video taping. That'll freak her out!

:D I like this!

Maybe you could borrow a stroller and challenge her to a game of chicken. That could be fun.

:iagree: This crossed my mind too. You will need one of those real life baby dolls to put in it. Than when she hits you, you can act like your baby is hurt! ;) Make sure you are recording everything too ;)

On a serious note, I would make sure we were on opposite sides of the yellow line. I would stop and wait until she passed you. Act like you are tying your shoe or something. There is no reason she can't continue walking. If she bumps you with her stroller, you could fall over dramatically, since after all you are tying your shoe and she got you off balance.

Weird! When you see her coming and veering toward you, stop right where you are, fold your arms across your chest, arch a brow, and just look right at her. Don't move. Make her move to go around you or have to literally run into you. She'll get the point lol.

This is what I would do.

See, this is where my DH comes in handy. There is nothing that annoys him more than oblivious or selfish people. I've seen him put his hand up and say "Stop." People are generally so unused to anyone pushing back that they either look stunned and move, or mutter an apology and move.

Be The Alpha!

Stand your ground, plus take a video with your phone or even a big camera of her doing it!

:iagree: whipping out the camera everyday should hopefully dampen her enthusiasm to be obnoxious. and if she hits you, you'll have pictures.;)

You could also get the most obnoxious bike horn you can find, or a loud whistle, and as soon as she starts to veer toward you, start blowing it at her. :lol:

Oh! Or show up carrying a huge Super Soaker water gun and when she starts to veer toward you, point it at her and go "Don't even think about it!"

On a serious note, I would make sure we were on opposite sides of the yellow line. I would stop and wait until she passed you. Act like you are tying your shoe or something. There is no reason she can't continue walking. If she bumps you with her stroller, you could fall over dramatically, since after all you are tying your shoe and she got you off balance.

Exactly what I was thinking. Or stop to take a (pretend) call or read a text on your cell phone.

Y'all know what is going to happen, right? Tomorrow this lady is going to start coming for Jen, and Jen is going to burst out laughing thinking of all the crazy ideas she's been given. Poor agressive stroller lady is going to be too scared to keep coming after Jen since laughing hysterically while on a sidewalk where aomeone is trying to run you down is a sign one is clearly deranged.

Y'all know what is going to happen, right? Tomorrow this lady is going to start coming for Jen, and Jen is going to burst out laughing thinking of all the crazy ideas she's been given. Poor agressive stroller lady is going to be too scared to keep coming after Jen since laughing hysterically while on a sidewalk where aomeone is trying to run you down is a sign one is clearly deranged.

Yes, you have it exactly right. :lol: But then my problem will be solved. Thank you ladies!

Seriously, have someone film it one day when she crosses the the line and you avoid her and then the next day when you hold your own. Just in case she tries to blame you for the 'accident' you will have proof.

Have someone follow her with a phone video camera so she doesn't see the camera.

Video it everyday and show the time stamp. Then create a Youtube video of the issue, showing the consistent attempts at running you off the sidewalk. Then share it on Facebook and make it public on Youtube. The video will go viral (you already have all of us), you make lots of money and maybe, just maybe, she will see it and stop. If not, you can make some cash for college.

Uh oh. I asked ds a few questions and it sounds like this might be the mom of the girl in his class who was picking on him a while ago.
Poor kid doesn't seem be be learning problem solving and interpersonal skills at home.

:iagree: I was just thinking this. The other thought I had is this (thread) is what happens when Audrey doesn't go to Crazylady's house for supper. We have to get our entertainment somewhere. :lol:

Uh oh. I asked ds a few questions and it sounds like this might be the mom of the girl in his class who was picking on him a while ago.

Well, I guess you know where the kid learned it from. :glare:

I'd still report it to the principal - especially if it's already been an issue. But I'm the one who would stand there - cell phone in hand - clearly filming it until she got the idea and stopped. It's ridiculous. I have no patience with bullies.

You could also get the most obnoxious bike horn you can find, or a loud whistle, and as soon as she starts to veer toward you, start blowing it at her. :lol:

Oh! Or show up carrying a huge Super Soaker water gun and when she starts to veer toward you, point it at her and go "Don't even think about it!"

I'm picturing Nance standing cooking dinner with a big smile thinking of all the ways to thwart Crazy Stroller Lady. :lol:

I like the idea of video taping it a few days in a row, then post it on fB, hopefully it will go on the wall of a mutual friend, or even post it to the school's FB if they have one? I think she would be embarrassed at how mean & obviously aggressive she looks on video.

Oh my goodness!! I just sat down here and read the whole thread through. I was laughing so hard at all of the mental pictures of the suggestions, that I ended up having to read the whole thread outloud to my family!

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. If it were me though I would either pick a strategy and lose my nerve at the last second, or I would bust out laughing at her thinking of all of your suggestions!

Go into your control panel and a list of all the threads you've responded to will pop up under subscribed threads. Did I understand your question?

How come I don't get subscribed to the threads that I respond too? I have to go through thread tools; subscribe. Maybe my settings are off. Must investigate this.

Found it in my settings. Now I will get a response to every thread I respond too.

Edited by cin