Menu

vintage copywork books??

----

If you mean copywork with literature selections or history relevance, none that I know.

However, the Dictation Day by Day for spelling can be used as copywork. I am using portions of it for spelling and penmanship.

Worth looking at if you can make it work.:lol:

Some resources on my blog.

I was thinking of using Dictation Day by Day, but am just looking for other options. Really, the sentences in that book tend to be pretty boring and uninteresting. Dd always wants to illustrate her copywork, so I'm hoping to find a ready source that makes her excited. She's really struggled with her fine motor skills in the past, and getting to draw something fun is her reward for completing her writing.

Hmmm. Maybe what I really want is a fun book of short children's poems.

Off to Google,...

I will post back more once I finish assembling Simply Poetry today ... but take a look at Queen's and Simply Spelling.

I wanted a mix of all types of studied spelling - using rules, using copywork, using dictation, etc. I have managed to cover spelling for the span of many years for less than 20 dollars. :lol: I am getting it all planned now.

I've since added Poetry and Vocabulary using a very CM approach too.

I wanted a mix of all types of studied spelling - using rules, using copywork, using dictation, etc. I have managed to cover spelling for the span of many years for less than 20 dollars. :lol: I am getting it all planned now.

Let me know how that goes - very interested :)

I was thinking of using Dictation Day by Day, but am just looking for other options. Really, the sentences in that book tend to be pretty boring and uninteresting. Dd always wants to illustrate her copywork, so I'm hoping to find a ready source that makes her excited. She's really struggled with her fine motor skills in the past, and getting to draw something fun is her reward for completing her writing.

Hmmm. Maybe what I really want is a fun book of short children's poems.

Off to Google,...

This might be beyond her level; but it is adorable and has some illustrations to copy.

The Study Method of Spelling is completed. Geesh, I babble, so good luck!

I felt that I needed to explain why along the way. It is three pages long. LOL

HTH! Link me if you post similar or radically change spelling too. I might just need some of your techiniques to adapt too.:lol: