Menu

Iphone 3GS/Otterbox Defender & Speakers?

I thought may be someone here would know (less chance of getting someone really technical who says words I don't understand :tongue_smilie: )

I am MAJORLY confused :001_huh:

In short, what I want to do, is play SOTW Audio on my iphone. The built-in speakers won't be loud enough (or tend to distort). I have an Iphone 3gs (I think they may be different from iphone 4 models in regards to this, I have no idea) and an otterbox defender cover (which dock extenders etc don't fit into unless you hack them apparently)

All I want is some sort of speakers so I can play the audio! grrr. I also have to be wary of buying stuff that goes into the headphone jack, as again, with the defender, the jack needs to be that *little* bit longer to settle in there properly (or that may be the iphone itself. I've had headphones that won't fit in there (same mm) because of the cosmetic end design of the metal jack bit).

I don't care about having a dock or it standing up, I just want speakers. I've been trying to understand this whole thing for months, but have given up with one very long headache.

Does anyone here know a solution? I'm very close to just going out and buying a cheap mp3 player as its ridiculous how technical and confusing its getting just for a simple pair of spekers! But I really don't want any more technology I have to recharge!

My husband bought me a speaker at the Apple store for my iPod that hooks up to it in the bottom where you plug it into the computer. Does the iPhone have that kind of connection? We have otter boxes on our phones but they are Droid Razors. The jack fits fine in the headphone port. Do you have an Apple store nearby? If anyone could figure it out for you they could. Good luck I know its annoying.

Thanks I didn't think of bluetooth speakers!

I was getting so incredibly frustrated I was close to crying (stupid I know, but I was just at that point where I was close to bursting) Unfortunately I can't really take the denfender cover off as I broke my screen (I have been meaning to get around to replacing the screen on it, but for the moment, its probably the only thing holding it together, lol)

I will look into bluetooth speakers tommorrow.

It has the connection at the bottom,but I know the dock extenders don't fit in there, but obviously, the charger does. It just ridiculous that there doesn't seem to be something that uses a cord skin to the charger cord, and not a dock. Why do I care if my iphone is standing up? lol.