Menu

Raising SAT scores... what is a reasonable expectation?

The good news is that EK's SAT score is high enough that she qualifies for a full tuition & fees scholarship at her first choice school. But... if she can raise her score by around 200 points, she would qualify for full tuition & fees plus room & board. Is it reasonable to expect that she could raise her score that much?

It might be. How much prep did she do the first time? If she didn't do much, then some intense studying might help. This is a REALLY long post but it has some REALLY good information and tips:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/955109-silverturtles-guide-sat-admissions-success.html

She did a lot of prep for it. Her Critical Reading score was a LOT lower than I expected. Her Math was the lowest of her three scores, which I did expect, but her CR score wasn't much higher than the Math. Her Writing score was very good, and I really expected her CR score to be closer to that. I read some advice on College Confidential (I think) that suggested doing a CR passage every day, and I think that might be a good plan for us.