Menu

Argghh! I am sitting here patiently while ds works his way through WWS, lesson 29

jeri

I haven't done that in particular, but my oldest had several things that took him a looong time when he was young. I used to do something like fold laundry, so I could be in the room and available to help (and hold accountable!) but also had something to do so I didn't go completely nuts :-). Sometimes I even used "racing" to help us along, depending on what it was. "Who do you think can finish first, you with that lesson, or me folding these clothes? Ready...set...go!" Break it down further so he can win as needed--maybe 1-2 questions or whatever is appropriate. I made it so my kids could win if they tried, they seemed to enjoy that and it helped them focus and finish something they didn't love doing.

Merry :-)

We just got done with that week and are nearing the end of Week 30. That was the first big notetaking, works cited, footnoting paper. It was a huge project. I think it took us at least 10 working day .. maybe a bit less to get through it.

We opted to do note cards, and separated them into outline form by interjecting additional Roman Numeral notecards into the mix after they had laid them all out on the floor and sorted them by subject, etc. I tried to treat it a bit like a puzzle.. lol. There was a LOT of organization to deal with on it though, but I am hoping as we progress through it will get a lot quicker.

We are on the digestion notetaking and writing the description & sequence today for Week 30 and it is already going faster than last time.

We just got done with that week and are nearing the end of Week 30. That was the first big notetaking, works cited, footnoting paper. It was a huge project. I think it took us at least 10 working day .. maybe a bit less to get through it.

We opted to do note cards, and separated them into outline form by interjecting additional Roman Numeral notecards into the mix after they had laid them all out on the floor and sorted them by subject, etc. I tried to treat it a bit like a puzzle.. lol. There was a LOT of organization to deal with on it though, but I am hoping as we progress through it will get a lot quicker.

We are on the digestion notetaking and writing the description & sequence today for Week 30 and it is already going faster than last time.

SaDonna, glad to hear that it's not just me! I guess when I think about it, it was the biggest, most time consuming project so far! I would have done this over two weeks, but as it is, we will finish with all of WWS on the last day. And this week we don't even have Friday available to extend since we are going to a science fair. Ok, now I'm breathing.

Merrie, honestly, this was jjust a long, tedious project. I was right near by and I did help him, but there was no joy in this project!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

jeri