Menu

Cleaning out my closet, tailoring question...

Last summer, I had lost weight and bought some new clothes. Now, I'm putting away my winter clothes and getting out my summer clothes, and regretting some of my choices. I have 3 pairs of Dockers capris that make me look short and dumpy. I am short, but I don't have to look dumpy if I choose my clothes carefully. The problem with the capris is the flared leg. My question is whether it's worthwhile to have the legs tapered and about how much that would cost at a typical tailor? Or should I just get over it, give them away, and look for new capris in a more flattering style?

Thanks!

A friend hired my 16yo dd to make small alternations, and paid her $10 per hour. She just kept track of her time.

You can likely find consignment or Goodwill capris for much cheaper. But if you really, really like them, they can be altered.

Sometimes, though, taking in more than about 1/2" on the seam is just really obvious and weird because it changes the way the fabric lies.