Menu

Advice on Co-op activities?

Pookamama

I live in a small town and there is no co-op going on there. But I know a few homeschooling people who have kids around my kid's age and I would love to do some sort of meetup weekly or bi-weekly and do some sort of physical activity (because we have little kids and it sounds fun!)

So is there any sort of PE activity guide that would work well for a good mix of pre-K through 2nd graders? We'll have a gym and we could also meet at a park in good weather.

Thanks!

I have absolutely no experience in this but I would love a co-op where we did nature study - you know go to a different interesting park/place each month and spend part of the time finding intersting nature things and drawing/painting them and then allowing the kids to play or do exercise.

hmmm....you've got my wheels spinning for a possible idea next year!

When my kids were that age we met weekly and just taught them to play the group games they would have learned at school. Examples are: kickball, steal the bacon, obstacle courses, t-ball or wiffle ball, small sided soccer, basketball (focus on dribbling and passing games), obstacle courses with two teams racing, relay races doing more than running (skipping, hopping, crawling, karaoke), frisbee golf, volleyball with a beach ball, etc. Ours always liked some free time to play on the playground at the end.