Menu

Prayers/Good Thoughts for my Dad

I'm not one who would usually post something like this, but I'm feeling desperate. Three weeks ago my Dad went in for routine pacemaker surgery. For some reason it didn't take so a week later they redid the surgery. Several days later it failed again. This past Thursday he went in for the third surgery. My parents didn't even want to have the surgery, but the lead line was resting on a valve, which the doctors didn't like, so they felt they had to take it out. And since they were going in anyway, they put a third pacemaker in. Today he was readmitted because he's been in pain and had difficulty breathing. Apparently the lead line perforated his heart, causing pericarditis, hence the pain and breathing difficulties. So the third surgery is now a failure as well. His doctors have never seen anything like it and are unsure as to how to proceed. They have to wait at least a week for the perforation to heal anyway. He's at one of best hospitals in the country and the last surgery was done by the chief cardiology surgeon. We are all at a loss. He is extremely down in spirits, as is my mom. If you feel so moved, I would be immensely grateful for any prayers or good thoughts for both my parents. Thank you so much.

I'm not one who would usually post something like this, but I'm feeling desperate. Three weeks ago my Dad went in for routine pacemaker surgery. For some reason it didn't take so a week later they redid the surgery. Several days later it failed again. This past Thursday he went in for the third surgery. My parents didn't even want to have the surgery, but the lead line was resting on a valve, which the doctors didn't like, so they felt they had to take it out. And since they were going in anyway, they put a third pacemaker in. Today he was readmitted because he's been in pain and had difficulty breathing. Apparently the lead line perforated his heart, causing pericarditis, hence the pain and breathing difficulties. So the third surgery is now a failure as well. His doctors have never seen anything like it and are unsure as to how to proceed. They have to wait at least a week for the perforation to heal anyway. He's at one of best hospitals in the country and the last surgery was done by the chief cardiology surgeon. We are all at a loss. He is extremely down in spirits, as is my mom. If you feel so moved, I would be immensely grateful for any prayers or good thoughts for both my parents. Thank you so much.

Prayed for your Dad.

Thank you to all who have been so kind as to say a prayer, send hugs, etc. Unfortunately the lead line detached and is in a very precarious place so they must go in quickly and remove it. The surgery is risky, but the doctors feel it is more risky not to remove it. Hoping some of you can send up some additional prayers for his surgery. We would all really appreciate it. This board is full of so many wonderful people.

Thank you to all who have been so kind as to say a prayer, send hugs, etc. Unfortunately the lead line detached and is in a very precarious place so they must go in quickly and remove it. The surgery is risky, but the doctors feel it is more risky not to remove it. Hoping some of you can send up some additional prayers for his surgery. We would all really appreciate it. This board is full of so many wonderful people.

Continuing to pray. :grouphug:

The surgery is risky, but the doctors feel it is more risky not to remove it.

:grouphug: Praying for your dad and his doctors! :grouphug:

Numbers 6:25-26

The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;

the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Praying.