Menu

Today is my 40th bday. Struggling with thoughts my son will never have another bday.

I am trying so very hard to get through this day. I felt this way last year on my birthday too. This one is harder because I keep thinking he won't have a 25th or a 30th or a 40th. I know it is somewhat irrational. I realize that it is just a mark on the calendar. I know all the logical things. My heart doesn't though. I am a big birthday mom. Did parties every single year for each of my kids. And I just really wanna run away, but I can't. My daughter has a gymnastics competition in an hour and we are all going to celebrate that and then go have dinner. My family and friends are amazing and I have nothing to complain about in the world. But my heart hurts. So - instead of burdening my family more - I am just writing it here. Thanks for listening.

ETA - and in one month from today he has been gone for 2 years. I guess it is just all coming in on me.

Edited by Kari C in SC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Kari :grouphug:

I also lost a son. Grief knows no logic, no timetable, no normal. It has been 16.5 years for me, and honestly, last year kicked me harder - out of the blue - than just about any other. It is something that no-one can ever really understand unless they have experienced it.

I am praying for you.

:grouphug:My momma's heart hurts with you. There are no words. I can only begin to imagine and that is overwhelming to consider. May God's peace pour over like nothing else and give your heart just what it needs. :grouphug:

I don't know you, but I couldn't read this and not say something. I'm so sorry, this just breaks my heart. :( I'm sorry you lost your precious son, and that your heart is aching for him. You will see him again some day, I`ll pray for your comfort. :grouphug:

This.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug:

I'm sorry.

We just started year two. Our son died March 2011 in a car accident.

Grief sucks. Everything sucks. I'm sorry.

:crying:

To you and to Kari, :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:.

I can only imagine the hole in your heart that you walk around with every day. I'm so, so sorry. There really are no words, but you have my deepest sympathies and prayers for some measure of peace.

:grouphug: Kari, there are no words. :grouphug:

Remember when we agreed to pray for each other's boys? I still have your name beside Tyler's in my prayer journal, and continue to pray for you daily. I wish there was more I could do.