Menu

I found a must-have new dvd series for Christian kids-SO good-you NEED this!!!

It's called "What's in the Bible" and it's by Phil Vischer-the man who created Veggie Tales. So far there are 7 in the series with more to come. He uses puppet characters to tell about what goes on in the different books of the Bible, in order, but he also adds in archaeology facts, church history, terminology (like Pentateuch, etc.) and so on.

It is so well-done and so engaging---I actually sit and watch with my kids! It is FUNNY!! I am not a laugh out loud person, but this is the first thing in a long time that makes me laugh.

Now, for your littler kids-it will be over their head. I would say probably age 7 and over is great. My 9 and 12 yo watch and love it and crack up. My kids know a TON about the Bible and are still learning so much more! I am even learning things I never knew. So it's meaty enough for older-probably won't hold the attention of younger. Also the puppets have all different accents (Scottish, British, cowboy, etc) and it may be kind of hard to understand what they're saying for young kids. (In a way, it's kind of an odd mix because the puppets make it seem for younger but then the content is meaty, and the humor is intelligent.) There are a few parts that are kind of stupid-funny but my kids even love those.

It's just pulling the Bible together so well for my kids. I can't believe how well done it is-it just ties it all up beautifully. We are having great discussions and it is just lighting it all up for them. It really sets the stage in the first several dvds for WHY we need Christ.

The dvds use words like sin and redemption and so on but explain them so simply and in such a lovely way. I can't explain how good these dvds are! I would go as far as to say that every Christian kid should see these dvds. (No, I am not affiliated!!)

The outtakes are hysterical!

The dvds are reasonable too--$9.99 on CBD, which was the best price.

We are super conservative-hate and won't watch sarcasm and rudeness and stuff that you even find in some Christian things, but this was ok even for us.

One little thing to be aware of-the first one I think tries to be open to both Old Earth and New Earth. The reviews for the first one on Amazon explain it a little better and one person even writes out what is actually said in that one (small) part so you can judge for yourself. They are sensitive to not stepping on either belief's toes-and they talk openly about different Christians believing differently on this, etc. My kids are very familiar with OE vs. NE so it was no big deal-we discuss it a ton. It's a great springboard to discuss your family's beliefs. I would say don't miss that first one because it really really really sets up all the others as far as foundation.

Here's the link-ENJOY!!!

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=whats+in+the+bible&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCG&nav_search=1&cms=1&view=default&Nao=25

xpost

Edited by HappyGrace

Yes, definitely best to watch in order-the first one sets the stage for everything else (as does the Bible :)), and then it goes thru the Bible in order.

LOVE it-they even talk about the laws in Leviticus in such an easy-to-understand way.

It is really building my kids' faith to see how God's Word all fits together. They were just talking about it again this morning.

Thanks for the info. I'd heard he was in the process of a new project but that was awhile ago and I'd forgotten. We love Veggie Tales (the originals--ds's outgrew it by the time Big Idea collapsed)--we still sing the songs! Can't wait to try out these new videos.

Now, for your littler kids-it will be over their head. I would say probably age 7 and over is great. My 9 and 12 yo watch and love it and crack up. My kids know a TON about the Bible and are still learning so much more! I am even learning things I never knew. So it's meaty enough for older-probably won't hold the attention of younger. Also the puppets have all different accents (Scottish, British, cowboy, etc) and it may be kind of hard to understand what they're saying for young kids. (In a way, it's kind of an odd mix because the puppets make it seem for younger but then the content is meaty, and the humor is intelligent.) There are a few parts that are kind of stupid-funny but my kids even love those.

Thank you. I got theri $5 special on Volume 1 and put it in my son's easter basket Was going to send the other two to his also 4.5 year old second cousin. But we haven't had a time to watch it yet. -- I think I'm going to send the 2nd to my sister and her 12-10-8 yr old kids :) Sounds like it would be more appropriate.