Menu

This was EXACTLY what I needed to read this morning!

A friend of mine shared it on Facebook, and it really struck a chord with me. Hopefully it can touch someone here in the same way. :)

There’s this crazy phenomenon going on right now. Good, devoted mothers get on Pinterest . . . and blogs . . . and Facebook . . . and Twitter . . . and then they flip through parenting magazines and TV channels (full of advertisements and media hype) . . . and they’re convinced they’re not enough.

http://powerofmoms.com/2012/04/your-children-want-you/

Thank you for posting this. My mom has Alzheimer's and I miss my "real" mom so much. I also am sad that my kids will never experince what a wonderful woman she way (although they love her just the way she is because that's all they know). I need to think about all the wonderful (metaphorical) gifts my mom gave to us long before the days of computers whenever I'm feeling less than adequate.

I wish women were not so hard on themselves. I just got back home from drinks with a friend. When she texted me, she said, "I am dressed sloppy," and I said, "good, then I have no pressure to dress up!!!"

I made rainbow jello once and my kids are still talking about it several years later, lol!

I don't have a domestic bone in my body, so I really don't care whether or not I can make ice cream cone grilled cheese. I do need to appreciate those days of snuggling/laughing together in bed as a whole family. In fact, we need to do that again ASAP b4 my kids think they're too old.

Thank you for sharing this.

Laura