Menu

Disney question

If dh and I go to WDW next month for our 20 year anniversary, how hard will it be to get reservations at the best restaurants? I want to get the dining plan because I like to have the entire trip paid for before we go so that we can eat whatever we want and not feel guilty about the cost. But I don't want to feel like the dining plan was a waste of money if we can't get reservations to the restaurants we want. Advice?

Edited by LizzyBee

It really depends on which restaurants you want reservations.

If it's just you and your DH, one option may be to do the platinum dining, then you'll have a concierge take care of your reservations and they go above and beyond if you're celebrating something big. The platinum plan also includes all activities, tickets to Cirque, a couples (or two single) massage at Grand Floridian....and dinner at Victoria and Alberts!

:iagree: call now! We had to eat at one restaurant at 2pm for lunch, because it was the only open spot on our 7 day trip. We booked 5 months prior to our trip, but it was a popular spot for kids, so maybe the adult restaurants will be easier to get in to.

Go online and look now. You can book all of them through the online system. I would say that since it will be the 2 of you then you have a sporting chance if you are willing to eat late some nights. We did Wolfgang Puck(not the express) one night and it was AMAZING.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

Late is not an issue, because we are night owls. Wolfgang Puck was one of our favorites the last time we were there.

Late is not an issue, because we are night owls.

Then, honestly, in May, you shouldn't have a terrible time of it. We're rather late nighters too (even with the kids!) so we usually book 8:30 - 8:45 dinners. Try the online booking, and see what you can get. Good luck!!!