Menu

Do you have a Target card?

I just applied to get a Target card (via my bank account not credit) for the 5% off.

I used it on Friday and I guess I thought it was like an ATM and my bank would be automatically debited. But my bank doesn't show it yet.

Anyone here know how it works? Does it take a few days? A week or more????

Thanks,

Dawn

Maybe because it was the first transaction? I got mine around Christmas and don't remember checking the account right away. It does show up as a debit in my account though. I just checked my online banking and my transaction from last night hasn't shown up yet, but one from the other day has gone through.

You get the card directly at Target and then give them a blank check to link it with your bank account. You do not need to do anything with your own bank.

It does take a few days for all of the transactions to debit from your account. I am so glad I got the card. I always avoided it because I thought you had to get the credit card one.

They've had the debit card for a few years now...maybe three? We got it back when dh worked at Target as a second job. It was one of the few ways we could use his employee discount.

It probably depends upon your bank, but for me it's three or four days, though on weekends it might be a bit faster. If I buy something on Tuesday for instance, it will show up on my bank account on Friday morning.

I love the discount, sales tax here is just a bit the discount so it mostly takes care of the sales tax for me.

I love my Target Red Debit Card. The free shipping is new, that started a couple months ago when I was still working at Target.

Free shipping! I have to check this out. Our nearest Target is 30 minutes away, and their shipping is cheaper than driving, but I'm used to Amazon.

Wow, do you get this through customer service at Target? Does it require a credit check? I really don't want a "hit" on my credit for a debit card, kwim?

Not for the debit card (that I know of). Take a cancelled check with you to the customer service desk to sign up. They will give you a temp receipt/card to use until your card comes in about 5-7 business days.