Menu

Hands On Equation IPad app???? Has anyone used this?

Halcyon

I just saw this for sale in the App store! Has anyone used this? It's only 4.99 which seems like a good price. Does the fact that the app makes it no longer "hands on" seem to matter? ( unless you count using a touch screen as hands on......) :tongue_smilie:

I follow HOE on FB & just last week they ran a contest. They wanted folks to respond to their FB post with "I like Hands on Equations because..." & write something. They were giving away two iPad apps for free. Would you believe there were only 2 comments & I was the only one who stated it as they asked. So, I won a free app & we have been emailing. I should receive the promo code tomorrow! They told me in their email they just updated the app too!

Soooo...I should have a first hand review soon!

Also...like them on FB & watch for contests!

I find this super exciting. We're nowhere near being ready for this, which gives me the luxury of waiting to see if it ever goes on sale. Moreover, this is one of the programs that I was thinking of buying in a few years for afterschooling/enrichment purposes. I get so thrilled when I see what my son has learned using iPad version of expensive Montessori things, like place value cards or a movable alphabet. Being able to do this for free (or at least inexpensively) has been one of the best things about owning an iPad, and the prospect of these apps only helps!

I got this promo code from their email newsletter:

10% Discount on Materials

Order materials online during the month of April and receive a 10% discount.

Or, fax your purchase order during April (Fax: 610-398-7863).

Use the discount code BA123.

Last month (March), Maria Miller (Math Mammoth author) had a promo code for the same percentage off too. I don't know if this is typical of their sales pattern, but wanted to post it in case someone could use it.

Guest heatherharter

When using the iPad application, the Hands-On aspect is done on the digital screen by moving pieces onto and off the scale. It has allowed my 6th grade daughter to understand algebraic concepts and do advanced math problems by age 11! Like them on Facebook to receive updates about free webinars, new products and discount codes!

• 2 weeks later...
I've got the app, but haven't used it yet. Will try to take a look at it sometime today and report back.

Thank you-I guess I am going to try it, but not if there are only a few questions included. And if you could estimate what grade level it's for? Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We tried it after seeing this thread. It looks great! My 8YO was solving equations in minutes, and asked to do algebra instead of extra swimming time at the pool.

There are approximately 80? Problems in level 1, if I am remembering correctly. I wish you could input your own equations.

• 4 weeks later...