Menu

Inexpensive/creative hostess gifts for baby shower.

My ds did this a few Christmases ago for his grandmother and aunt. You need:

1) light-colored (white or beige) coaster sized tiles from a home store (we

made sets of four) Best to use tile that has kind of a rough surface.

2) Those little green felt circles that prevent knick-knacks (and coasters)

from scratching tabletops (can buy at Wal-mart)

3) Modge Podge - Mod Podge? Something like that! Can buy at Hobby

Lobby or Wal-mart

4) Decorative cocktail napkins. We used Christmas napkins (obviously). There are gobs of colors/patterns to choose some, so you could use Easter-ish colors, or bright spring colors. We went with a stripe. I think a floral would be fine, but I wouldn't do something that had a "picture," kwim?

You want something with lots of color and pattern all over.

5) Spray acrylic

Wash and thoroughly dry the tiles. Separate napkins into single ply. Cut to fit tile. Carefully dip in Mod Podge and place on tile. Smooth as best as possible. Let dry. Spray a couple of layers of spray acrylic on top, allowing each coat to dry. Attach little, green, felt circles to underside of tiles. Tie up set with ribbon!

These are really fun and can be made for all types of seasons/holidays/occasions since there are always cute seasonal napkins around. You can even plan ahead and buy seasonal napkins after the season is over and save for the following year!

HTH.

• 1 month later...
Guest NilesTod

Anyone who enjoys putting together a party probably also loves to cook, so why not find her a unique and fun cook book. Look for something out of the ordinary. Everyone has cook books, but she'd probably enjoy some recipes with a new twist.