Menu

Anyone near Asheville, NC?

My sister, who recently moved to Asheville, NC, is turning 50 this year. My parents, my brother and I were thinking of sending her on a little weekend away and are looking for recommendations. She is not married and has a very unreliable car, so it would have to be something that is near either a bus or train station. Also something that has enough to keep her occupied for a couple of days without having to go off property. She is very into solitude and nature so she doesn't need too many bells and whistles, but something surrounded by natural beauty will fit the bill. It could be an inn (would need a restaurant), a resort, or a spa with accommodations. Is there anyone around that area that can recommend something along these lines? I'd like to keep her travel to within 2 hours or so of Asheville. The trip would take place during the summer. TIA for any help!

I was going to suggest The Grove Park Inn, but if you are looking to get out of Asheville...if she likes the beach, a lot of NC people rent houses out on the Outer Banks that time of year. There are a ton of places. Also, you might look for something around the Smokey Mountain National Park. Again, you can look for houses to rent or go for a hotel...your choice. Both places offer chances for getting close to nature and are jut gorgeous.