Menu

Please suggest an easy-to-use at home 9th grade US History curriculum.

I am not keen on Notgrass. I would not mind purchasing TC's History of US course but need materials for evaluation with answer keys. I think that is the main thing I am looking for -materials to evaluate whatever text, books, or DVDs I use. A workbook will work too. I own Patriot's History of US and have volume 1 of William Bennet's America's Last Best Hope but what to use to evaluate. Ds.2 is an auditory learner so I know DVDs will work for him. Thanks for any advice, suggestions, etc.

We used the TC American History course - it is excellent but I warn you it is very long - around 72 lectures, each packed with information. I made it even longer by pausing mid-lecture for discussion. :D

A good resource for test prep and in general to have a written component for U.S. history is available at Currclick: Student Resources, United States History units. There are fifteen downloadable units which are to be used instead of a textbook. They contain text and review questions for the student to fill in as they go along. I would not use this stand alone but it was a very good supplement to the TC course. I'll try to link to it here so you can see samples:

http://www.currclick.com/index.php?cPath=1702

Good luck!

ETA: use the full-size preview mode at Currclick to view pages - the quick preview does not seem to be working.

Edited by Dana in OR