Menu

Homeschool activities for vacation in/around Clearwater, FL

We got Busch Gardens passes this year and I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of animals (like a zoo) they had. Of course, we were going to use it as an amusement park, but my school plans will now include lots of animal/ life science! I've heard (although I've never been to it) that Busch Gardens is better for animals as opposed to Lowry zoo. Also, there is a Sesame Street area with water play areas that are awesome.

The aquarium is the same one featured in that recent movie --Dolphin Tale?

The Clearwater Aquarium is more of a marine animal rehab center than an aquarium for entertainment purposes. I took the behind the scenes tour there in January and found it to be highly worthwhile.

The Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary on Indian Rocks Beach is awesome. It is free (donations if possible) and it doesn't take a lot of time (less than an hour). It is small and is located right on the beach. We love it- a lot of rehabbing Florida birds. You can see them all up pretty close, too. Have fun!

Jodie