Menu

Does anyone else play musical beds last night?

Of the six people in my family, only two woke up this morning in the same bed they went to sleep in. I don't usually move, but by the time I had three kids in bed with me (two of them lying crosswise) I got up and went and slept in the children's room. Please tell me we're not the only family where every night feels like a game of musical chairs...

ETA: I really wish there was a way to edit a thread title--that should read: Does anyone else play musical beds at night?

This morning was the first night in ages that I woke up alone, even dh is away. So as a joke I went and got in bed with my 17dd, our laughter woke the 4 yo (can't remember last time I woke him up and not the other way around) so he joined us. 3 in a twin is just funny.

Our 1 year old doesn't want to sleep through the night anymore. She sleeps in the room with her 3 year old sister, who doesn't want to sleep in her bed anymore or at least, sleep by herself. Lately, 3yo has been dragging her blankets to the floor and sleeping next to her sister's bed (which is just her mattress on the floor for now). They are getting new beds next week so I'm hoping that will make them excited and wanting to sleep in their own beds. Most nights lately, 1yo had woken up screaming due to teething pain and ends up in the bed with us since I'm too tired to rock her back to sleep without falling asleep sitting in the chair.

Well my 4 yr old ended up in my bed but that is a near nightly occurance. I am slightly winning the battle of keeping in his own bed but not totally. I don't really like sleeping with him any more as he either sleeps diagonally and somehow takes up our entire bed or he thumps and kicks us in his sleep. All in all he is hard to sleep around.