Menu

Michael Ende book

I am looking for a copy or ebook download of Michael Ende's "Jim Button and Luke the Engive Driver". I know it is out of print in English. I don't mind paying a decent price for it but I certainly cannot afford $500 for a "collector's copy" from Amazon.

Does anybody have a link to this book? I read it as a young girl and loved it. I would like to share it with ds, but now I can't find it.

Wow, that's an expensive used book! I looked it up on Amazon UK, thinking there might be more copies banging around in Europe - nope, £99! And heck, Amazon Germany has an English copy for a cool 652 Euros! :001_huh: You can get the German for 15 Euros - makes learning German seem like a good investment. :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol: :iagree: I've been told German is harder than Latin.

Nah, that's just what Germans will tell you. For the most part it's a pretty logical language.

I'm sorry that you can't find Jim Knopf for a good price. We love that book here but only have it in German. I notice your siggy said that your ds is learning Spanish. Book Depository has Jim Knopf in Spanish for not too horrible a price. I don't know if that is an option for you but it might be easier than trying to learn German. :tongue_smilie: