Menu

Hey DAISY!

I'm not going to be online, ladies.

I've struggled a long time with my online time. I was helping my daughter clean her room yesterday and discovered a note in her pile of trash. Although part of it may just be teenage angst, she made it really clear that she feels I spend too much time online and misses when we spent more time together. She really struggles to articulate her feelings verbally and tends to write down her thoughts so while the note made me sad, I'm glad I saw it. I needed the kick in the rear.

Apparently, while not neglecting my duties, I've clearly neglected my relationships. The house is clean. School is done. Dinner is on the table. And my daughter is lonely for her mom. :(

Sigh.

Anyway, I'm going completely offline. I've only got a few years left with her and I'm not going to spent it in front of the computer. The only way I can have the willpower to stay away from my blog is to take it down.

I won't be here either. What can I say? My kids are more important and that is as it should have been all along.

Edited by Daisy

I'm not going to be online, ladies.

I've struggled a long time with my online time. I was helping my daughter clean her room yesterday and discovered a note in her pile of trash. Although part of it may just be teenage angst, she made it really clear that she feels I spend too much time online and misses when we spent more time together. She really struggles to articulate her feelings verbally and tends to write down her thoughts so while the note made me sad, I'm glad I saw it. I needed the kick in the rear.

Apparently, while not neglecting my duties, I've clearly neglected my relationships. The house is clean. School is done. Dinner is on the table. And my daughter is lonely for her mom. :(

Sigh.

Anyway, I'm going completely offline. I've only got a few years left with her and I'm not going to spent it in front of the computer. The only way I can have the willpower to stay away from my blog is to take it down.

I won't be here either. What can I say? My kids are more important and that is as it should have been all along.

:grouphug: Daisy, I will really miss you, both here and on your blog. Take care of yourself, and please come back to visit someday!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll miss reading your blog. Let us know if you ever decide to start it up again. And tell your dc that there are lots of people out there rooting for them. Hope all goes well.

Oh, and I still miss your recipe blog from long, long ago. But I have (and use) your Pfeffernussen recipe each year at Christmas.