Menu

Regency Ball/Jane Austen Study

For those of you who remember me talking about the Jane Austen Lit Study I was doing with dd and her friends last year, I thought you might want to see the "finale" event. :001_smile: This weekend we attended a Regency Exhibition Ball. It far exceeded our expectations! I thought I would post a picture or two of my girls. Dd17 made her Regency gown.

If anyone is interested in seeing more pictures, send me a pm and I'll give you a link ;)

Exquisite! :001_smile:

How did they get persons of the male gender to dress up and attend? ;)

There were actually quite a few men! Not enough to give every lady a partner, but more than I expected. We took two young men (17 and 13) with us from our co-op (they didn't do the J.A. Study, but were willing to dress up and go). They looked dashing! They took turns passing around the 8 girls :D

lovely! My kids have gotten into the dresses and the dances a bit. We currently have a dance scheduled for June. They've made a couple of dresses and are working on more. I'd love to see more photos to show them! :001_smile:

Edited by milovaný

Wow! That dress is lovely. Your dd did an awesome job.

So pretty! Your daughter did an excellent job on her dress.

Thank you! We have a lovely lady who comes to our co-op to teach sewing class. She worked with all six girls to get those gowns done. It wasn't an easy task. :D She has the patience of Job.