Menu

White tights for girls - best place to buy??

I usually buy DD tights at Target or Walmart, but they are always in multicolor packs (white, pink, and black packaged together). DD really needs only white tights, but I always have to buy a three-pack with colors we don't use. She only wears the tights a couple of times before they are worn out (dirty, pulls, holes, etc.). So we have TONS of pink and black tights around here, and no white tights!

Where can I buy JUST white tights? Preferably multipacks of ONLY white tights, since they are usually cheaper than buying individual pairs.

ETA: I do not want leggings, only tights! :)

ETA again: And I'm looking for the summertime tights, the really thin nylon ones - not the heavier ones worn in cooler weather. Thanks!

Edited by Glory

I usually buy DD tights at Target or Walmart, but they are always in multicolor packs (white, pink, and black packaged together). DD really needs only white tights, but I always have to buy a three-pack with colors we don't use. She only wears the tights a couple of times before they are worn out (dirty, pulls, holes, etc.). So we have TONS of pink and black tights around here, and no white tights!

Where can I buy JUST white tights? Preferably multipacks of ONLY white tights, since they are usually cheaper than buying individual pairs.

ETA: I do not want leggings, only tights! :)

ETA again: And I'm looking for the summertime tights, the really thin nylon ones - not the heavier ones worn in cooler weather. Thanks!

Hmmmm. I've always bought, and did so recently, one pair of tights from both Walmart and Target. Perhaps another location for either one of these stores and maybe they just haven't been stocked yet.

Don't try the girls department, but rather the "hosiery" dept for tights. However, some of the layout of these stores vary, but it's still worth a try in that dept. That's where we found ours at Walmart. At T, it was in the girls dept. HTH!

Our Target has individually packaged white tights but they were a little hard to find. I buy my dd's (3) underwear and socks in the girl's department but their tights all started at size 6. I finally found tights for her size in the baby department with baby socks and onesies.

I just saw individual white tights at WalMart today. They were George brand and $1.97, I think.

Have you ever tried ballet tights? My DD wears Bloch Endura tights for ballet class. She has a couple of pairs that she has had for 2.5 years, and worn at least 50 times (she has class at least 3x/week). She's had a couple pair get holes in the toe but they don't run so I was able to sew up the hole.

I pay about $8/pair at our local dance store but it's well worth it because they last so long.

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_T0921G.html?&pid=3646&Shop=Style&SID=325148617

I just saw individual white tights at WalMart today. They were George brand and $1.97, I think.

Have you ever tried ballet tights? My DD wears Bloch Endura tights for ballet class. She has a couple of pairs that she has had for 2.5 years, and worn at least 50 times (she has class at least 3x/week). She's had a couple pair get holes in the toe but they don't run so I was able to sew up the hole.

I pay about $8/pair at our local dance store but it's well worth it because they last so long.

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_T0921G.html?&pid=3646&Shop=Style&SID=325148617

I agree with the Bloch tights, they are great and hold up VERY well! Another suggestion is Gymboree, they don't hold up as well but they are still good quality.