Menu

s/o - iPhone -- I have a dumb question!

For the past 2 years, I've had a BlackBerry, and I truly LOVE it, but my brother just got an iPhone 4S, and Siri is so COOL! I am due for an upgrade now, and I am considering an iPhone (although I would feel like a traitor!).

Probably my favorite feature on my BlackBerry is that I can designate specific ringtones for each contact, and even the kind of alert for each contact: text, call, etc. For example, when dh calls me, the Monday Night Football theme plays & when he texts me, my BlackBerry plays a BlackBerry alert called "GungHo"; when ER calles me, the Scooby Doo theme plays & when he texts me, there's a BlackBerry alert called "Dimples", and so on for every contact I've designated. I find this incredibly convenient, because I can tell who is calling or texting just by hearing the alert--dh, ER, EK, my mom, my sister--and if I hear the "standard" ringtone or alert sound (which I also designate), I know it's not one of my "VIP's" trying to get in touch with me without even having to look at my BlackBerry to see the photo of the caller.

So... I have a dumb question: does iPhone do that?

Edited by ereks mom

My mom feels like a traitor too as she loves her Blackberry but she is getting an iPhone for her next phone also after playing with my daughter's and mine. My hubby has the new iphone4. We sit around asking her all sorts of inappropriate questions (Do you love me? Are you a genius? Will you go out with me? What are you wearing?). But hubby uses her for real also.

Anyway, I hesitated on getting an iPhone. Hubby finally just went out and bought me one. It was good, very good :)

Siri ROCKS!!!! :D

I got an iPhone last month after waiting years. I use Siri all the time. In fact I used her to type this message, ha ha ha! :)

ETA: And yes, I think you can customize ringtones, but I haven't explored that yet. I know the default is different sounds for calls vs texts. Oh, I did change the ringtone to an old-fashioned phone, but haven't customized it for different people yet.

Edited by Laura in CA

For the past 2 years, I've had a BlackBerry, and I truly LOVE it, but my brother just got an iPhone 4S, and Siri is so COOL! I am due for an upgrade now, and I am considering an iPhone (although I would feel like a traitor!).

Probably my favorite feature on my BlackBerry is that I can designate specific ringtones for each contact, and even the kind of alert for each contact: text, call, etc. For example, when dh calls me, the Monday Night Football theme plays & when he texts me, my BlackBerry plays a BlackBerry alert called "GungHo"; when ER calles me, the Scooby Doo theme plays & when he texts me, there's a BlackBerry alert called "Dimples", and so on for every contact I've designated. I find this incredibly convenient, because I can tell who is calling or texting just by hearing the alert--dh, ER, EK, my mom, my sister--and if I hear the "standard" ringtone or alert sound (which I also designate), I know it's not one of my "VIP's" trying to get in touch with me without even having to look at my BlackBerry to see the photo of the caller.

So... I have a dumb question: does iPhone do that?

Yes, the iPhone can do that. My sisters, my mom and my dh all have their own ringtones. :) My dh has had a Blackberry provided to him through work for the last several years, and he never uses it. He carries his iPhone that we pay for out of pocket.

I switched from a Blackberry Bold to an iPhone 4S and have no regrets! I love my iPhone!

My DH is getting ready to dump blackberry too, but I think he's going to get a droid.

Make the switch! The only thing I miss about my BB is BBM.